The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Flower Shots

Knorp

@cindy: flowers swaying in the breeze: my worst nightmare ... So well done !
@scho: fabulous irises: that first one - WOW
@jono: thank you sir !

Trying my hand at using a flash unit and adding some spark the image. Or so I hope ... :(

| apo-telyt 1:3.4/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 | flash | m9 |

Thanks for viewing.

Terry

Wow Bart, really like this last one!

For all....
I haven't had a chance to sit back and look at threads in a long time. There are a lot of terrific shots here.

jonoslack

Trying my hand at using a flash unit and adding some spark the image. Or so I hope ... :(

| apo-telyt 1:3.4/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 | flash | m9 |

Thanks for viewing.
Bart . . . . That is completely wonderful and far out - :clap::clap:
My gob is suitably smacked - excellent!

Knorp

@jono: I must be crazy to get up that early (5 o'clock :eek:), but I love to capture the morning's dew.
Here's the same flower (a little cropped) just 13 minutes earlier. I think it's a tad too dark overall, but I like the deep reds here.

All the best.

Knorp

Gorgeous colours, Cindy.
That 75'lux never fails to amaze me, such a wonderful lens and it shows its magic on mFT, too !

Kind regards.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Bart. I like working with the E-PL1 and 75 lux. The E-PL1 makes focusing a breeze, and it has an easy interface for setting a custom WB (I put SET custom WB on a button). I use the X-rite Passport for setting the WB and making a custom camera profile. It really helps in capturing those reds and purples that can be so hard to capture when shooting flowers....and the 75lux is an amazing lens.

Bart, I'd like to see more of your "magic dew" photos.

Knorp

Hi Cindy, indeed some colours seem impossible to get right, but you did a excellent job.
Regarding dew: here's one I like (though the composition is so-so ...) that I posted a while back in the MRX forum.

| tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 | m9 |

Kind regards.

Knorp

@Roman: welcome and what smashing tulip fields !
Wasn't it for the mountains in background, I'd say this must be Holland ... :eek:

Thanks for joining us and keep coming back.
Kind regards.

Knorp

More dew or was it a little rain ?
Anyway, this time I dusted off the G1 and attached it to the APO-Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/100

Thanks for viewing.