The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Reflections

T

tokengirl

I'll be the first to admit I generally detest those landscape photos of a mountain behind a lake on a calm day with the horizon right in the middle and that perfect reflection of the mountain on the water. I typically make specific effort to kill reflections on water with a CPL so that I don't end up making "that kind of photo". But once in a great while, I succumb.

What about you? Got any reflections you care to share? Post them here.

G

gusmur

Tokengirl and Mike,
Beautiful images!
It really does pay to succumb, when the image cries out for it.
Rules?...no horizon in the middle?...bah, humbug.
I'll join the fun...

Then again, sometimes a little mystery is better...

or...

Best,
Angus
http://www.pbase.com/gusmur

Last edited:

scho

Magnolia Plantation near Charleston, SC. Taken a few years ago with an M8 and Zeiss 35 biogon.

S

Shelby Lewis

Fun!

An image from an e-session from last season came to mind for me:

and there's this one from my (not so) daily shoot:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
G1 IR and 7-14mm
Infrared reflections

Carl, I love Magnolia Plantation and your photo from there is just gorgeous. The colors are perfect.

Nice shots everyone. Thanks for starting this thread, Claire.

F

FStopIan

No image to post but Tokengirl your image is very soothing and should be a poster for stress management :)