The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent Catalog Work

S

Shelby Lewis

Proofs shots... as a matter of fact, the men's stuff didn't make it back from the printers so I'll be superimposing the t-shirt design illustrator files later... but thought I'd include the shots.

Natural light... some reflector usage where appropriate!

in direct sun... model "hiding" under a large reflector

For a possible point-of-sale display...

Cheers!

F

FStopIan

Wow great way to use the natural light. Your female model is also perfect for these shots. The background color and her expression in the first make it may favorite.

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks (Ian?... my youngest son is named Ian!),

She's a great model. I've worked with her for several years and she just "gets it". First shoot with the guy.... and he did pretty well, considering he's not actually a model.

Yeah... that first shot. Something serendipitous about it in my book as well.

Thanks for looking. Really appreciate the comments! I have some more from a shoot yesterday I'm going to post this evening.

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

A few more from this past Thursday. Tough shoot... color wise. And these conditions are where, IMO, canon struggles: mixed lighting. Canon skin looks nice in VERY controlled lighting... but in a mix of deep, "green" shade and broader bluish shade, i'd bet MF handles color transitions much more elegantly.

On-camera flash (yep!) with a black foam modifier... bounced over my left shoulder... window light from the right... balanced with high-iso so I could use a wide aperture and throw those background lights OoF in the dimmer portion of the room behind her:

Simple natural light...

Deep shade... bright sun behind her:

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

couple more:

Lit by a strobe/softbox camera left... (bummer about the shovel handle sticking up from the planter at the bottom of the frame :bugeyes:)

quick headshot I snagged during the session:

F

FStopIan

wow that second last one made me laugh out loud. haha. The browser scrolling set it up perfect.

Also agree the colors on the first one, hard combo to work with. Looks like you did great job with it though.