The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with HUGE images (any camera). WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

Professional

Re: Fun with HUGE MF images. WARNING:Very Large files posted here!

So come one, post more, why people stopped to post larger now? hehehe

kevinparis

think people have stopped posting because its such a pain in the derriere to view very mediocre images

just my opinion

K

Quentin_Bargate

Watch macro, H4D-50. On Smugmug, so anything may happen :). Its, um, a big file (slightly cropped from orifinal 50mp image) :thumbs:

First, a small version for review purposes

Quentin

bensonga

Great idea Jack! Giving this a try now (I've been away on a motorcycle trip for the past 2 weeks).

Hard to believe I've taken so few images with my 503CWD in the past two years. This was one of my first....taken with the 50mm CFi lens.

Gary

bensonga

One more from the 503CWD....obviously cropped from the square format. I don't recall which lens I used for this shot.

Gary

Quentin_Bargate

Listen, try to get your link ended up with JPEG or even TIFF extension on the browser, then that what you should post in between the image bracket
, so Quentin, here is your JPEG link for your original shot, use this to post in between the bracket.

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/954895094_Zm5DC-O.jpg
Been there, done that, but it does not work. I have had this issue with smugmug before; its not that important so no worries. Quentin

Professional

Been there, done that, but it does not work. I have had this issue with smugmug before; its not that important so no worries. Quentin
It worked today morning my time and i saw your post, but i don't know what you did again, it was showing your first post but now no, i don't think it is about smugmug, i don't use them but i am sure if i use them and post i link it will show, if you want i can use your pic from there and post it here to see if you wouldn't mind.

Quentin_Bargate

Tareq

I know from past eperience that Smugmug is unreliable in this regard so its not worth trying fixes. I'll post elsewhere next time or here (run out of storage at the moment...)

Quentin

gogopix

Subscriber

OK... so far i am not seeing any reason on earth to move to MF... come on guys you can do better.

I wouldn't have posted any of those even as an example of a small sensor camera

K
I just noticed this; if you are gonig to make a statement like this, I want to see at least one decent posting of an image you HAVE taken.

people who don't own agarden shouldn't throw tomatoes. :D

bensonga

I can't say whether the quality of the images I've gotten from the Hasselblad 503CWD (CFV-II back) are significantly better than those I get from my Canon 5D or not, but I don't think that many of the images others have shared here are mediocre. Some perhaps, but many are very good. I'm particularly impressed with several of the images from Tareq.

Gary

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I just noticed this; if you are gonig to make a statement like this, I want to see at least one decent posting of an image you HAVE taken.
Actually, I would suggest that anybody who wants to post a HUGE image from ANY camera can post it here. I may move this thread to the "Images to Share" section for that reason.

Thoughts?

Professional

Actually, I would suggest that anybody who wants to post a HUGE image from ANY camera can post it here. I may move this thread to the "Images to Share" section for that reason.

Thoughts?
Yes, do that, i like to share whatever, i am here to have fun and show people and share and all have fun, not necessary i should but at high level or pro to have something worthy to post or share here, anyone can share and post whatever, and it will be a good idea if you move it there if it needed or necessary, but it might be fine to be here on MF forum, you just do whatever you see it is the best.

-Tareq

bensonga

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me.....here's one from the polar opposite of a MF digital setup. :)

Cambo 4x5, Rodenstock Sironar 150mm, Kodak B&W film. Epson 2450 scan. Redwing, Minnesota. Circa early 1980s image.

Gary

JimCollum

not exactly MF.. this was a 'snapshot' taken with the Betterlight and pano adapter. The original was 41,000 x6,000.. but the browsers won't display a jpg over 30,000 wide for some reason.

anyway.. rather than embed the image inline, i'm providing a link.. but beware.. the image is 65Mb in size (sorry for any downsize and jpg compression artifacts)

http://www.jcollum.com/fm/pano_better1a.jpg

nothing great about this image... just me trying the "mine is bigger than yours" game :D
tech info: Betterlight Super 6k, Ebony SV45Ti view camera, 300mm Red Dot Artar @f32

For the record.... I don't consider this a public domain image.. i still hold the copyright. Feel free to play with it for your own fun, but any commercial use (yea.. right) has to be approved by me (Copyright 2010, James Collum)

Last edited:

kevinparis

gogopix

i was being deliberately provocative and a little tongue in cheek as the early images posted here did not really reflect in my mind what is possible with the MF format

you are welcome to visit my flickr page at anytime to see where i am coming from photographically.

to me quality of image beats image quality every time - its the picture not the pixels

cheers

kevin

people who don't own agarden shouldn't throw tomatoes. :D

Professional

gogopix

i was being deliberately provocative and a little tongue in cheek as the early images posted here did not really reflect in my mind what is possible with the MF format

you are welcome to visit my flickr page at anytime to see where i am coming from photographically.

to me quality of image beats image quality every time - its the picture not the pixels

cheers

kevin
Here it is about pixels and resolution, if the image quality is there then it is bonus, post high resolution or mp or even GP and we will be happy, don't force us just to post best masterpiece fine art works, i post here whatever i can doesn't matter if it is a high quality image or not, i post what is called high resolution from MF.