The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mountain Stroll in Japan

F

FStopIan

Hi guys took a couple days of work the other day to go for stroll in the local mountains. Weather was moody to say the least. I actually enjoy foul weather, something about it makes me comfortable. Also experienced a lighten storm on the top of one of my favorite mountains. It was very cool to be way out there in a mess of weather. I did get a little wet though.... :)

kearazu valley at about 5am

Goryu Dake in the morning

Karamatsu summit in the back, shot from Kearazu during the storm.

There is a few more at http://fstopgear.com/en/news/419-a-day-off

F

FStopIan

Hi Jorgan,

Thanks. This is in Hakuba which is in Nagano. About a 4hour commute from Tokyo.

Beautiful area of the Northern Alps.

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks for sharing, Ian. I've never been to Japan, but there is an "essence" about these that I can really appreciate.

BTW... I know what you mean about being alone in bad weather... there is something actually nice about setting up camp (or just putting the right gear on) and being "in" the bad weather.

Cheers! Shelby