The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Introduction & Images from Amiskwi Lodge

Simon M.

Hey all, been lurking for a long time absorbing as much (and there is a ton) of the information on the board as I can. I'm a decidedly amateur when it comes to photography, but it provides a lovely pass time away from work & give an additional excuse to get out and enjoy the mountains. I realized that with the amount of time (too much) I spend on here I should probably contribute...

Here are a couple of images from a recent hiking trip just north of Golden BC. Hope you enjoy them and if you have time please feel free to criticize the content, processing, anything really - I feel like there is much to learn.

Cheers.

Mummery group shrouded in clouds.

Mount des Poiles and ridge line at sunrise.

Moon and alpenglow at sunrise.

Amiskwi lodge by moonlight.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Agree -- congratulations on an excellent first post, and welcome to GetDPI!

Professional

Welcome to the forum!

The images are great, like them.

I hope if you can send PM to me about the weather there, the location, the price,.... as i am planning to visit Canada this year by October, and i am deciding to stay longer of my vacation period in the west provinces like Alberta or BritCol.

Simon M.

Many thanks for the warm welcome. For this trip we stayed at Amiskwi Lodge (strongly recommended), more information on their website - things will most likely be changing as the road access (plus 45 minute hike away) was washed away during run off this year. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Cheers.

BANKER1

Don, you're my hero. I really admire your work. Hope this guy realizes what a huge compliment he got from someone with your ability.

Greg