The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coffee

Simon M.

Whenever I sit down with a coffee I have an urge to try and capture the enjoyment of not only the drink but the process as well. Here is a quick 3 image study taken over the last year or so whenever I had the time.

I'm very unsure of the toning of the final image so any comments dealing with that aspect of the processing would be very much appreciated.

Beans.

Sugar and cream?

Fresh pressed.

Please feel free to add your own coffee related images below. Cheers.

T

tokengirl

I'm very unsure of the toning of the final image so any comments dealing with that aspect of the processing would be very much appreciated.

Sugar and cream?

Fresh pressed.[/CENTER]
I'm unsure of the toning on these two as well. They seem to have a warm highlight and cool shadow tone. Which makes the coffee look well, not like coffee? Maybe reverse it? Or maybe go all warm tone?

Other than the toning, I think they're beautiful. I can see a very nice series developing from this.

Simon M.

Thanks for the feedback, here is one of the images with just a warm cast to the highlights, seems better to my eye. That being said, I'm not very experience with toning black and white images (chemically or digitally) any hints or suggestions about how to work with toning? I'm currently using the split toning in LR.
Cheers.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Whenever I sit down with a coffee I have an urge to try and capture the enjoyment of not only the drink but the process as well. Here is a quick 3 image study taken over the last year or so whenever I had the time.

Beans.

Sugar and cream?

Fresh pressed.

Please feel free to add your own coffee related images below. Cheers.
Very nice photos with great mood.