The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some music "work"

S

Shelby Lewis

Hey All... been a long time. I've started the Doctoral degree in Music and after 6 weeks, word finally got out that I know (somewhat :D) how to use a camera. I'm the teaching assistant for the trumpet studio (my doctorate will be in trumpet performance) and also help with the jazz ensembles... so my major professor has asked me to start documenting rehearsals on occasion.

Some shots from the other day:

CHEERS!!! Shelby

Diane B

Nice shots. I like all of them and agree they portray the musicians well but esp like the drummer and the line of trumpeters.

Shelby Frisch

Subscriber Member
Hi Shelby,
Nice work and best of luck in your studies. I think music is a wonderful thing for a young person to be involved in while in high school and college, no matter what your major is. You will certainly have a good opportunity to help positively influence many young students.
Shelby (Frisch)

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks all!

I mentioned in another thread that I feel like I've "come home" after almost a decade outside of music. Even my photographic work is more enjoyable. These undergraduate "kids" are really something else. It's been a pleasure to begin capturing their time in the studio/ensemble!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Shelby, I really enjoyed this series and I hope that you continue to post more like these. It is really fun to look at the faces of the students. Good luck with your studies.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>so my major professor has asked me to start documenting rehearsals on occasion.

That is a wonderful idea. I prefer the more abstract B&W images. Nice work.

S

Shelby Lewis

Thanks all!

Some more:

(conductor in the BG)

Richard Strauss once said "Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them." :D:D

"in the line of fire..."

Cheers! Shelby

K

kevin Euphonium

Wow you're hard to find. Kevin Fitzgearld Euphonium Tuba (your C of course) and many other instruments. email me. This was the only I could find to contact you. Nice to see you with a horn in your hand.

S

Shelby Lewis

Wow you're hard to find. Kevin Fitzgearld Euphonium Tuba (your C of course) and many other instruments. email me. This was the only I could find to contact you. Nice to see you with a horn in your hand.
Hey Kevin... are you referring to Shelby Frisch (a tuba/euphonium player on this board) or me? I'm having (embarrassingly!) a hard time placing your name in my memory! :confused:

(even though I won't be surprised if I do know you, as my memory seems to really be suffering the closer to 40 I get :D)

S

Shelby Lewis

Headshot from this afternoon... for a fellow music student here at LSU.

5Dii - 85mm

Cheers!
Shelby