The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GetDPI Members Year in Pictures

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just thought this maybe fun to just see what folks have done through the year. Load as many as you want and no restrictions to any camera's . This is about your work that you are most proud to share with the forum. Have fun:thumbs:

I'll start with a interesting tranquil scene

Knorp

barrel distortion: a slightly different tranquility ...

| noctilux 1:1.0/50mm | m9 |

| summarex 1:1.5/85mm | m9 |

jonoslack

Bart - that first Barrel shot is just magnificent :clap:
Here's something quite different

M9 75 'cron

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
My year in pictures

Apart from the being proud part :eek: I guess this one about covers the theme ... :D

Quattro Stagioni on the Balcony :lecture:

click for larger (warning: 10 Mb)

Nikon D50 & D300 • Nikkor AF-S 18-70

bensonga

This was taken last January with the Canon EOS 1V I purchased from Marc using my 24-70L lens. Great camera. Scene looks about the same today....especially after all the sub-zero temps we've had for the past 1-2 weeks!

bensonga

One of two totem poles standing guard in front of a building in Anchorage. Panasonic G1 and Leica 90mm Elmarit-R lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My memory is kind of short, so I can only remember the last couple of days. Here's one from Wednesday this week, in Ho Chi Minh City.

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 32mm and f/2.8

Knorp

Right after I had my first M9 body replaced due to the 'sensor cover glass crack', I shot this: by far my favourite of 2010 :)
| noctilux 1:1.0/50 mm | m9 |

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That looks like it's made for a brochure for the Dauphine. You can sell it to Renault, just in case they want to re-launch the car :)

BradleyGibson

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous 2011!

Jono, I love your shot--great stuff!

Great idea, Guy. Something from a recent trip...

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
My memory is kind of short, so I can only remember the last couple of days. Here's one from Wednesday this week, in Ho Chi Minh City.
Cool, we were in HCMC on Wednesday as well. Stayed at the Chancery. Today we arrived by train in Hue from Da Nang, where we'll be four days until we fly to Hanoi.

Christmas Eve in Da Nang

(Leica M9, Summicron 35 ASPH)

S

Shelby Lewis

I'm like Jorgen... can't remember, but will look through. Here's one from a recent CD cover shoot for a fellow music student that caught my fancy though.

MoJo

Registred Users
Some gems here for sure......

Here are a couple, this first one was taken this summer in the Yorkshire Dales of England, an interesting fellow named Gordon Peacock. I love the look in his eyes....

and this one is a sort of answer to Jono Slacks humorous photo above in the thread.... a sheep auction in the Dales....

It was a great year for shooting!
-Josef

Lisa

My favorite of this year's crop, taken while showshoeing in Yosemite Valley just after a snowstorm last January, with Yosemite Falls behind a cloud:

Lisa