The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

L.A.D. 1/3/2011

S

Shelby Lewis

Yep.. starting up my "Landscape a Day" project again... in an attempt to work on a skill I have relatively no experience with. Started doing this late fall 2009, but lost my Mom just after starting it and never really got it moving again...

... well, here we are again! :D

Messy winter-time image from on-campus here at LSU in Baton Rouge... rough start, whew! :ROTFL:

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

As opposed to starting a new thread everyday, I'm going to continue adding to this single thread throughout the year... unless it get's too obnoxious :D

Stopped by one of the campus lakes today for about 10 minutes... snapped off a few frames, all with a 50mm prime. Here are two "daily landscapes" that turned out passable.

Some wacky reflections beneath some floating leaves... grain is intentional:

Something a bit more typical:

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Re: L.A.D. 1/11/2011

1/11/2011 - Landscape a "day"

Been working some this week so I've missed a few days... but finally settled down today and went out for about 45 minuted tonight around campus for some more "daily practice".

Night scenes around LSU:

Cheers!
Shelby