The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits of Your Gear

bensonga

I wish I could bring myself to do what you did Shashin, to fund the purchase of a 645D. I am certain I would use it far more often than I have my Hasselblad CFV-16. I'm just not there yet. Once I've bought into a system, I have a real hard time parting with it, even when I don't use it as often as I should. Problem is...there something about each of my cameras that I really like and whatever it was that drew me to them from the very beginning is often still there, many years later.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Once I've bought into a system, I have a real hard time parting with it, even when I don't use it as often as I should. Problem is...there something about each of my cameras that I really like and whatever it was that drew me to them from the very beginning is often still there, many years later.
:ROTFL: Do I recognise myself a tiny bit here? Nooooo, not a single bit :rolleyes:

Thank you for that. I think we may be brothers :chug:

Godfrey

Believe it or not , HASSELBLAD SW from 1957 + CFV-XX , it works .

Here the combo .

Dang that's purdy!
Fascinating integration of old and new.

Don't tell me what these backs cost. I'll go to New York and steal my Hassy 500C/M from the friend I sold it to a decade ago... !

Maggie O

Wow Maggie . . that's quite a setup . .. I wish I could even try to compete! The M2 especially is a thing of wonder
The Konicas and the XA were my father's and everything else has been collected in the forty or so years I've been shooting.

I got a heck of a deal on that M2, I'm still surprised at how cheap it was. Same goes for the M4-P and Jupiter-8 rig $630US total for both!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
At the basement floor of a local, somewhat shabby shopping mall, there's a small camera shop that seems to make a living mostly from taking people's passport photos and selling the odd p&s camera. For some reason, I decided to go down there last week, and what did they have on display in the window? A brand new Nikon F80 (N80 for you Americans) with battery grip for $100. Since I didn't own a compact, lightweight F-mount SLR with AF, it was an offer too good to pass. So after 5 minutes convincing the staff at the shop that I really did understand that it was not digital and that I had to purchase film somewhere, I wandered off into the sunset with this (no, lens was not included):

Godfrey

Hasselblad 500 SWC

I suppose I should post these here ...

Photos made with Olympus E-1 fitted with Zuiko Digital 35mm Macro

enjoy!

Shashin

Godfrey, I don't understand. Where is the Firewire connector to tether it?

You enjoy yourself too!

Godfrey

Re: Hasselblad 500 SWC

Yes, I was thinking you should post those pics here......absolutely beautiful.
Thanks!

The FireWire connection tethers the still-ancient Epson 2450 to VueScan—of course, it has USB ports too, for upwards compatibility to computers with USB and Thunderbolt ports. :)

I should also give a nod to the even more ancient Olympus E-1 (manufactured in October 2003) that I made these product photos with. Still my favorite DSLR...