The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits of Your Gear

OlliL

Haven't used it, since I just received it this week.
Generally, I like it. The build is somewhat flimsy, but I don't mind that yet, considering it's price point.
I hope they come up with a 58mm glass lens in the near future, as I heard that the plastic one is extremely soft in the corners.

bensonga

These are not very good or artistic photos of the gear, but I'm very pleased with the gear itself. :D

Buying more 35mm film cameras....I know, it's crazy. :eek:

On the plus side....they are very inexpensive.

The Old Man: The original Canon F-1 with a 135mm f2.8 FD lens

The Beast: Nikon F5 with a Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM lens

BANKER1

Your picture of the Canon F-1 brings back memories of my F-1 purchased new with other Canon lenses and accessories, including a motor drive that was very rare in those days. For may years I have regretted selling that gear. The grip on your A-1 has the same surface texture as that of the motor drive for my F-1. I also had an attachment for the mirror housing that automated the exposure. Now, that piece was really rare. The regret from the sale of that equipment made me vow to never sell a camera again.

Greg

Double Negative

Not Available
Nice 50/1.2L lens there too!! :thumbup:
Thanks, yep! I had the non-L for a very short while before I found it. Ha. The Motor Drive MA was fun... The NiCd pack went dead and I ended up soldering in cordless phone batteries to get it working again. Which of course ended up dying too. Having had enough, I bought an AA magazine. :p

bensonga

Your picture of the Canon F-1 brings back memories of my F-1 purchased new with other Canon lenses and accessories, including a motor drive that was very rare in those days. For may years I have regretted selling that gear.....The regret from the sale of that equipment made me vow to never sell a camera again.

Greg
I felt the same when I sold off my first Pentax 67 system, about 25 years ago. My wife told me I would regret it and she was right. Years later, when I wanted to buy another Pentax 67, she made me promise not to sell any of my cameras again. Although I never envisioned or intended an ever growing collection, I've kept my promise to her. :eek:

fotografz

These are not very good or artistic photos of the gear, but I'm very pleased with the gear itself. :D

Buying more 35mm film cameras....I know, it's crazy. :eek:

On the plus side....they are very inexpensive.

The Old Man: The original Canon F-1 with a 135mm f2.8 FD lens

The Beast: Nikon F5 with a Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM lens
Hey Gary,

My Sister-in-law gave me a Canon F-1 and some other stuff to sell for her.

The camera seems to work fine. It has been in a nice Canon ever-ready case and even the bottom looks like new.

She has a Canon 50/1.4, Canon 28/3.5 in a case, and a Canon push-pull 70-210/4 macro zoom ... all in great condition, original caps, no dents, worn finish or anything

Any idea what this stuff is worth ... is it even worth bothering with?

-Marc

Shashin

Marc, you can go to KEH.com and use their online estimator. That should give you an idea. Or you can use the ebay method--list it on ebay for the price you are willing to sell for and then wait.

jlm

Workshop Member
it's funny, but the leica monochrome surge has got me going with film again.
broke out my changing bag!

got an old 501 blad and an swc, and cindy's M7, and my son is pumped with my rollei 3.5, even picked up a Lunapro
such cool gear and great to have a 12 shot's per roll leash

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Is there a way to have double-likes automatically applied to all new posts on this thread? :ROTFL:

Love the photos of the A-1, F-1 and the F5. I have none of those, but would of course love to have all :D