The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Square Format

PeterA

Looks like HP5 to me-:) or maybe slightly overcooked TRX..
An FE was my second camera with a 50 1.2 and 105 2.8 - bought it new ( back then) and would still have it if it wasnt stolen..epalced it with a F3HP and motor drive - still the best sounding shutter ...clac clak clack!:)

I like the way you see things - a lot of subtlety in your work - thanks for showing.

Godfrey

A Walk In The Rain

Olympus E-5 + ZD 50mm f/2 Macro
ISO 200 @ f/2 @ 1/640 second

thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Re: A Walk In The Rain

ISO 200 @ f/2 @ 1/640 second

thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.
I always thought , at least the song says so : It never rains in California .
That does not seem to be true .

Here one of my film squares . Ilford Delta 400 . As I believe , an object calling for square .Click twice on the image to enlarge .

View attachment 40759

Godfrey

Re: A Walk In The Rain

I always thought , at least the song says so : It never rains in California .
That does not seem to be true .

Here one of my film squares . Ilford Delta 400 . As I believe , an object calling for square .Click twice on the image to enlarge .
That's quite nice, Jürgen! It does fit.

I made a small edit on the "A Walk In The Rain" image, which I think is an improvement. It might not be viewable here as flickr changes the filename with a replacement, but the link should still work.

Godfrey

Communicating #21

ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/200 second

I liked this one in its original, 3:4 proportion capture, but it goes well in a square presentation too, to my eye. (Click on the image to see the original 3:4 version on Flickr.com.)

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One of the things I love with the GH1 is the ability to switch format by pushing a couple of buttons while looking into the viewfinder. Magic happens before my eyes. Who needs zooms when one can do that?

This is from last night, taken from the garden across the road, seated at a bench waiting for a theatre performance to start.

GH1 with Zeiss 85mm f/1.4

bensonga

Re: Communicating #21

ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/200 second

I liked this one in its original, 3:4 proportion capture, but it goes well in a square presentation too, to my eye. (Click on the image to see the original 3:4 version on Flickr.com.)

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.
Nice image Godfrey......and I like the square one best!

Gary

bensonga

Kind of an odd combination. Better than "Pete's Beer, Wine and Knives Shop" I guess. :D

Canon 5D and 24-105L lens. This one just worked better in the square format.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I love the square photos created with Hipstamatic (iPhone). This is a fake Hipstamatic photo:

ustein

Contributing Editor
As said this is a fake Hipstamatic photo. The photo is 60D while the Texture used is Hipstamatic.