The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ford Raptor

Don Libby

While I maybe a landscape photographer I couldn't pass up the opportunity to photograph this truck. I've know the owner of our local Ford dealership for many years and when she asked if I could provide a couple images of a 2001 Ford SVT Raptor I smiled and said oh hell ya!

Ford has a "Special Vehicle Team" (SVT) that builds some awesome vehicles such as the SVT Mustang Cobra R and the F150 Lighting. 2010 was the first year for the Raptor and 2011 thing got considerable better.

There's been better than me that's photographed this truck however a couple of my images will soon be hanging in the dealership.

The images included here are just the first test images helping me to get better acquainted with the vehicle.

Oh - all images were shot using my Leica M9 and 24mm Elmarit.

Nice, I love the B&W shot!

So are you going to trade the Jeep? Maybe put a Flippac, some drawers and a shower on the Ford?

Don Libby

Thanks Bill,

I never even knew this vehicle was out there until last Monday. I've been having some problems with deteriorating hearing and driving a jeep wasn't helping any. This truck stock will forge 30" of water which is better than I could with my stock jeep Rubicon. A truck which is based on Baja and Dakar (won it's class this year).

The truck was owned by the owner and had less than 800 miles. I was offered the chance to buy it at a reduced cost provided that I also provide 2-images for the dealership. So - yeah I bought it. Hell I wanted to buy it 5 minutes after getting into the truck!

I don't think I'll be any threat to Motor Trend photographers.....

Don

Enjoy it Don! I'm serious about the Flippac and shower though -- maybe also an aux. fuel tank. Kind of like a bigger version of Mario Donovan's Adventure Trailers Jeep Comanche. I've been drooling over that setup for a long time, but I think it is too big for Colorado. It would be great for Utah or Baja.

kdphotography

A close call between the IQ180 and a Ford Raptor. Just a matter of timing...

Nice wheels----can't wait to see it in June!

ken

Don Libby

A close call between the IQ180 and a Ford Raptor. Just a matter of timing...

Nice wheels----can't wait to see it in June!

ken

Thanks Ken. This does qualify as both a new camera (it has a backup camera) and a new bag. I don't need to start a thread on which bag is best for the camera - it comes with one :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Don Libby

Enjoy it Don! I'm serious about the Flippac and shower though -- maybe also an aux. fuel tank. Kind of like a bigger version of Mario Donovan's Adventure Trailers Jeep Comanche. I've been drooling over that setup for a long time, but I think it is too big for Colorado. It would be great for Utah or Baja.
Bill - while this was built on a regular F150 frame it nevertheless has a wider track than a H1. It also has a 36 gal tank and I've ordered a tonneau cover for the 5'-6" bed - way too short for me to streatch out in. The backseat is nice though...

Don

I used to have one of those trailers when he was importing them from So Africa - looked like a neclear bomb disposal trailer! Damn tough trailer!

Don Libby

Went to the dealership this morning with 7-test prints. The original deal was to provide 2-20x30 canvas prints however the owners decided to buy 2-additional prints. We're now talking about another vehicle to shoot later this year. I prefer to shoot landscape and not product however I'm stoked about shooting trucks and cars. Here's the 4-image they picked this morning.

OlliL

Eventhough I'm not into HDR (anymore), I have to admit, that these shots will look really great, once they are printed large. :thumbup:

Oh and congrats on the new car(s) ;)