The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for Photo Critique

dwrz

I'm looking for some help: I need some criticism/advice/input/insight for my photographs. Some of my picks are on my site: http://foto.dwrz.net. I still need to add/edit/remove photographs there, but what's there is a start. I'm sharing the link but the site is not really "public" yet.

While I've been shooting since 2002, I've mostly photographed for documentation, and not with the aim of getting a good photograph. I've only started to do the latter seriously in the last 6 months. Up until 2007 I only had point and shoots, from 2007 to 2010 I had Pentax dSLRS with the default zoom. From 2010 (most of the photographs) I had an Olympus E-P2 with just the 20mm f/1.7 lens. In the last 6 months I added lenses, then recently sold them to fund a purchase of an M6 TTL (very few photographs so far).

I'm looking for useful advice and feedback. I've got thick skin. If you want to say "your photographs suck and you should never pick up a camera again"-- it's fine. I will keep shooting because I love this game. Even if I'll never score a touchdown I'm going to keep playing. I would appreciate more hearing about technique, choice of subject, so on. Things that will help me become a better photographer. Feel free to recommend books, articles, courses, whatever. Similarly, if you think there is something that works-- I would love to hear!

My own judgement varies a lot. Sometimes I think the photographs are OK, sometimes I can't stand any of them. It would be very useful for me to get another perspective on them.