The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D3 plays in Aswan, Egypt

R

rexyinc

hi guys, i'm new here from melb, aust.- please be nice -

just found this forum.

Just got back from spending a month wondering around Egypt.. one thing though, the Nikon D3 and kit gets really heavy after a while.. wish the d700 was out before i left, i would of grabbed one.. anyhow im happy to report that the D3 can really handle the heat with no problems, like 48deg in the middle of the desert - the top of the viewfinder was so hot it hurt to touch it.. true!

want a sample? okays..

The hills on the west bank of the Nile, north of Kitchener’s island, are pock-marked with rock-hewn Tombs of the Nobles.

The ancient necropolis is lit up by spotlights at night and looks particularly magical when viewed from across the river in Aswan.

thanks, Tony.

sizifo

The hills on the west bank of the Nile, north of Kitchener’s island, are pock-marked with rock-hewn Tombs of the Nobles.

The ancient necropolis is lit up by spotlights at night and looks particularly magical when viewed from across the river in Aswan.

thanks, Tony.
I like the atmosphere. But for me it's too unclear what it's the photo of, for any of what you're describing to come across. If that was your intention.

Terry

I know there is a balance between cutting off the reflections and showing the main part of the image bigger and it might look different if I saw it larger and the buildings become a bigger part of it. I do very much like the fact that you were able to get the detail of the boats without blowing out the other lighting.