The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Got my first tear in Time Magazine!

petetsai

So 2 weeks ago the the city of Chicago commissioned the Artist team Luftwerk to transform the Cloud Gate, aka the bean, with light and music. I went to a preview night and was able to get some shots. The next day on Friday I was approached by Time for use of one of the images. Originally they spec'd out the usage as 1/4 page but then ended up running it at 1/2! Then on Saturday the artists contacted me as well, so I asked them about collaborating on some more images, which they graciously obliged. The city has also requested rights to a package of images for Tourism use.

These are the Artists Petra and Sean...

Luftwerk by PeteTsai, on Flickr
and the field...

Luminous Field by LuftWerk by PeteTsai, on Flickr

This is the image Time decided to run.

On one night I had private access of the Field and had the dancers come out to make some long motion dance exposures, the weather fought us, but everyone had a great time out there...

Collaboraction in the Luminous Field - The Windy City by PeteTsai, on Flickr

There are more images on my flickr as well.

jonoslack

Congratulations - splendid stuff.
Of course, it's not relevant to the images, but what did you shoot them on?

all the best

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Lovely work, Pete, and I think Time chose the right one (the reflection is simply perfect with the larger number of horizontal elements, compared to the one above).

petetsai

Thanks everyone! Its been a crazy past week for me but well worth it!

As for gear, the shots here were all D700, 14-24mm f2.8, and in the case of the artist portrait the addition of the Elinchrom ranger rx as with 39" deep octa....