The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M4 & Helen shooting FILM

helenhill

Helen,
What is a "and I just ordered a BEAUTIFUL m2 (1963) black leathertone Paint Kenichi Abe...Yes I'm Whacked!"? (I know what an M2 is, but the rest I don't know about????):ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Thank you....
Its a tres chic & very hi end black paint finish /leathertone paint kenichi abe
HOWEVER now i am having second thoughts & debating with Igor (the seller)
whether to get an m3 and Wetzlar Cron for the same amount as opposed to a collectors trinket :eek:
Just received today from Igor a mint /1950 summitar w/two filters green & yellow

Best to You Cindy :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi Helen. ... When I return I'll send off all the rolls to AI in California for developing and contact sheets. ...

I usually just use C41 and have the lab develop the film. I scan in the keepers myself. I would like to know more about AI in California and their services. Would you please give me more information, Mark:lecture:? Thanks.

fotografz

I usually just use C41 and have the lab develop the film. I scan in the keepers myself. I would like to know more about AI in California and their services. Would you please give me more information, Mark:lecture:? Thanks.
B&H sells pre-paid mailers. I've learned to NOT send the individual packets through the mail. The Post Office likes to lose them. Better to box a bunch and send them off for processing.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/364/Film_Processing_Mailers.html

Oh, while grabbing that URL for you Cindy, I saw B&H also has mailers for Agfa Scala ... I haven't used that for a looooong time. So I will order 2 rolls and 2 mailers. It's a B&W slide film.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/100348-REG/Agfa__Scala_200_135_36_Professional_Black.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/415401-REG/Agfa__Mailer_for_35mm_Agfa.html

Last edited:

helenhill

Here are Two more shots....
400 TX /shot @the Pre Fab Exhibit / Museum of Modern Art
Neopan 1600 / shot @ Coney Island Carousel

I have just ordered EFKE : Normal & Infared /which Marc 'Fotografz' highly recommended...THANK YOU again Marc
Quite excited about this Film because of the high silver content .... which creates A truly Superb atmospheric feel / Can't wait :)

Last edited:
N

nei1

Helen, the first is terrific,well done!
Now you really must try developing your own film, its a revelation.The very slow and high speed films are very specialized and are best maybe left until later ,triX is the king(queen)of films,it will do almost anything.Having said that Ill be very interested in the results you get with the efke films as Ive not tried them.
______________ good luck ,best regards,Neil

Last edited:

gero

Helen, you are very brave. If I would go this way it would make me a better photographer for sure.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Helen, It is fun to see you having so much fun.:thumbs: I am going to be watching for your report and photos on the EFKE.

mwalker

Subscriber Member
If you're going to process your own film how do you start...what do you need? I have a Nikon 5000 scanner.......

helenhill

If you're going to process your own film how do you start...what do you need? I have a Nikon 5000 scanner.......
Well I took Marc's/fotografz suggestion to shop @ FREESTYLE
and they have a kit Arista Starter Kit $55.99
the whole shabam...cylinder vessel.developer tank,thermometer.two clips. squeegee, stainless steel reels etc
as well as bought a Developer bag $21.99
The hard part is DECIDING DEVELOPER
I can't decide between Rodinal (lots of Hipsters/TRI X users FAVOR
ILford DD-X (abit more expensive) but also Coool
here is where I LOSE MY MIND...decisions,decisions

Roger Hicks & his dear wife Frances have a Lovely site
www.rogerandfrances.com
which has a wonderful 35 & 120mm Developing Tips
Roger has it down to 21 to 27 minutes for developing /not film drying time
with the Ilford developer
so that might sway me
plus I don't want a powder developer /too much waste & breathing dust

On RFF.com there are wonderful threads on various Souping techniques for your modest to whacked out B&W developing.
YES I know Blasphemy mentioning another site...but I do LOVE my GETDPI & Friends :grin:
Just received my Film from Freestyle yesterday /Arista Premium & Efke
Perhaps in a week I will have my developer & will be doing the film thing
and then just having a lab scan for me & make GRANDE prints

So now besides Poisoning myself as a Decorative Artist
I will continue with more Toxins in developing film...:ROTFL:

Cheers- xo-H:ROTFL:

Irenaeus

I'm off to Paris next week for an opening and will have my Rollei TLR along with 20 rolls of Neopan 400 and either a Sigma DP1 or an M8, though the M7 is tempting.
Sounds great! Tell us about your show and do show us some of your pics when you return!!

All the best,

Irenaeus

Z

Zeiss

Rodinal
Kindermann tank
Hewes steel rolls

Neopan 100 acros
APX 100
Neopan 400
TriX

Diafine for using TriX @1000

That's all I use. Happy with it.
Mostly using stand development with Rodinal, because I am lazy.
1:100, 60 minutes, agitate for 30 sec, stand, agitate for 15sec after 30 minutes - that's it. Temp doesn't matter. If you forget time, doesn't matter. It develops to exhaustion. In the meantime I can browse photo stuff... actually, I am developing right now :D