The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Boy's Momma: Potentially NSFW

Mike Dote

Hello!
Here is a repost from Fredmiranda:

I am posting here some samplings from the new section of my website- photos from a body of work in progress entitled "Boy's Momma". The body of work is a series of portraits of my mother, who had a double mastectomy taken over the course of the last 2 1/2 years since my father passed away. The sequence I intend to present these images in is online at Mike Dote under portfolios.

Looking for a critique of the sequencing and processing of the images on my website if possible...

Boy's Momma by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

Boy's Momma- Hands by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

Boy's Momma- Mother Rockstar by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

Boy's Momma by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

Warrior Mother by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

Warrior Mother- Warming up by mikedotephoto, on Flickr

Godfrey

Very arresting and intense. The first one in color seemed a little out of place with the others.

G

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I would agree with Godfrey that the first picture seems out of place. After looking at your Flickr and warriormother's Flickr, I realize that the dog is an important element to your Mom's life, so I know why you included that photo. Since that is another side of who she is, maybe include a few more of that side of her, to pull the story together.
Your Mom is a brave woman.

MikalWGrass

I like that the first one is sort of a polaroidesqe color image because then the black and white images hit like a hammer, especially some of the later ones. The lighting on some of the black and whites is too bright for my tastes, but everyone is different.

The model is one brave woman - she has my admiration and respect.