The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Getting into portraiture, tips and ideas welcome!

kaptnkain

Hi all,

I've recently gotten back into photography after a year long rut. Previously, I had my 40D and was just learning the basics - shooting everything in site. Pretty ordinary beginner stuff. With the acquisition of my NEX-6, I've gotten much more into portraiture, a field I want to specialize in.

I've already posted many of these images in the Sony section, but I figure this section would be better for ideas and advice. I find this forum to be a lot more dedicated than most photo forums out there, hopefully you guys can tell me something I haven't heard before :thumbup:

Without further ado, here are some of my portraits:

A Girl Named Hope by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

Middledistance by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

Burying Luck by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

Nice Guys by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

Young Blood by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

After All by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

When We Escape by I.Cherkasov, on Flickr

I'm looking for advice on everything from posing to toning, although I realize that most of it is artistic choice.

Basically, I'm trying to develop my "look", so to speak.