The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epic Family Vacation

S

Shelby Lewis

I've started shooting again after a long time off... we're (me, my wife, and three kids) in the midst of a two 1/2 week family vacation via car across the southern US. We started from Baton Rouge, LA (our current home town). We first hit Carlsbad, NM ... followed by White Sands, NM. Now in Albuquerque and then heading to the Grand Canyon tomorrow for 4 days of tent camping.

Just thought I'd share a few shots from the road...

All with a lowly canon 60D and a few cheap primes.

Roadside scenic overlook just before coming into Alamogordo, NM.

White Sands, NM

Petting Zoo in remote Mayhill, NM along state route 82

Carlsbad, NM

A few more from White Sands, NM

and our little car taking a beating on the back roads... the kids are loving this trip.

Cheers!
Shelby

darr

My son is currently based at Alamogordo, NM.
Beautiful colors in your photos.

S

Shelby Lewis

Just in from 5 days at the Grand Canyon with my wife and three kids... couple of "on the road" workups on the laptop. All the wide angle shots are panos.

And our home during our stay...

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Couple more...

My wife's poor Mazda 5 in need of a wash... note the guy in the campsite behind us. He had a motorcycle and a trailer that folded out into quite a nice little shelter, along with a solar panel on a stand (visible) to power some small electronics and a few fans.

Some magical light

Cheers!
Shelby