The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can you guess the price ?

Stan ROX

One of those images is done with a Hasselblad, one with a Nikon.

Can you find the right one?
Awaiting your best guess :confused:

Both are edited (of course, I usually do not post unedited pics). NO change on color temperature was made.

To make sure everybody is playing fair, I removed EXIF and made both the same aspect ratio:

Pic #1 (klick here for 4000px-Version):

Pic #2 (klick here for 4000px-Version):

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nikon second one. why Little more DOF and just a touch more contrast and color in skin tone a touch magenta. Typical Nikon

MaxKißler

As if it isn't hard enough to judge by websized images (you might aswell use a DX camera etc.), I'd say the first one is the Hasselblad. I guess so because of the more pleasing skin tone and crisper detail in her hair. But you might aswell want to fool us all by the way you postprocessed both images.

EDIT: The colour temperature in the second image is not only a bit cooler, but there seems to be a tad magenta in her skin tone. Something I have experianced with some 35mm both Nikon and Canon cameras.

PS: Or I'm just making a fool out of myself and prove your point...

Stan ROX

As if it isn't hard enough to judge by websized images (you might aswell use a DX camera etc.), I'd say the first one is the Hasselblad. I guess so because of the more pleasing skin tone and crisper detail in her hair. But you might aswell want to fool us all by the way you postprocessed both images.

EDIT: The colour temperature in the second image is not only a bit cooler, but there seems to be a tad magenta in her skin tone. Something I have experianced with some 35mm both Nikon and Canon cameras.

PS: Or I'm just making a fool out of myself and prove your point...
There's always a reason to ask for more details :D

I added links for 4000-px Versions of both pictures and made some clarifications in the text.

MaxKißler

There's always a reason to ask for more details :D

I added links for 4000-px Versions of both pictures and made some clarifications in the text.
Thanks, I totally overlooked that there are links to the images below. After having watched both images at a larger size, I stand by my first observations.

D&A

Regardless of which image came from which camera, I find the 1st image more pleasing. color (skin tone) is attractively warm and detail is exceptionally good. As Guy and many others have expressed, skin tone in 2nd image is slightly magenta which is generally a hallmark of Nikon.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

The vignetting added in the second makes the DOF hard to gauge, but the color in the 1st has a bias towards green, so I'm thinking D800/e...similar to my D800's output. The top photo has much nicer oof areas too, perhaps the 85mm 1.4 G?

NotXorc

It's in the NSFW sub-forum :confused:
Hi Daniel (like your landscapes, BTW :thumbs:), you're right; it's in the "Artful Images to Share, including NSFW," section. However, most of the posts in this category are very safe-for-work images. The banner for this category does also request, "Note: Clearly label NSFW (Not Safe For Work) images as such."

Most posts do follow this convention, or provide a title that is suggestive the subject of the images may be NSFW ("Brunette Beauty," etc.). When I read the title of the post from the right column of the main page, I did not even look to see what the category was, and got rather more of an eyeful than expected.

Ulfric Douglas

Hi Stan, since most guessers are going with the skin colour as a guide to which camera, can you clarify this bit ? ;
... NO change on color temperature was made.
I mean, any default/profile in the RAW processor is going to do 'something' to colours, and I assume we're not talking out-of-camera Jpegs here.
It's the reason I can't guess at all : there's nothing for me to go on with such framing and apertures.
Maybe the amber vs pink skin is a red-herring?

(And is IS in the NSFW so no need for more warnings, surely Notxorc?)

Stan ROX

Hi Stan, since most guessers are going with the skin colour as a guide to which camera, can you clarify this bit ? ;

I mean, any default/profile in the RAW processor is going to do 'something' to colours, and I assume we're not talking out-of-camera Jpegs here.
It's the reason I can't guess at all : there's nothing for me to go on with such framing and apertures.
Maybe the amber vs pink skin is a red-herring?

(And is IS in the NSFW so no need for more warnings, surely Notxorc?)
Ulfric,

both pictures are RAW out of the camera, into Lightroom, edited on Photoshop and exported. They are treated identical with the WB set from the default (HB: Daylight, Nikon: Auto). No changes have been made to the color temperature or any other setting related to the color setting.

Hope this helps.

S.

EH21

I'll go with first image taken with Hasselblad, second Nikon. Reasons are in the DOF and skin color - just a lot more variation in skin tones in the first image - DLSR's tuned for high ISO work seem to produce flat skin tones. Curious what lenses were used. Both are showing some CA. Is that with axial CA in the top image? Also making me think that's the hasselblad shot with a pre-digital era lens.

Ulfric Douglas

Stan ... it's time to let us know which did which?
Number1 is in my opinion the nicest picture, and she's looking at you as if you're holding a Hasselblad ... ;)

RVB

Stan,is it possible to shoot an identical scene with the blad and nikon with a short duration between the shot's..?

Stan ROX

OK, Guys.

First of all, let me say that I wrote to those that had given a statement in this thread. All of you that just wondered but not typed ... well.

However,

the first one is from the Nikon.
Nikon D800e, 85mm 1.8G, f/2.2, 1/400 sec, ISO 320

the second one is from the Hasselblad.
Hasselblad H4D-40, 50-110mm, f/5.6, 1/500 sec, ISO 100.

Both pictures have been edited, but the colors are unchanged!

S.