The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A vertical forrest panoramic this time!

I spent 3 consecutive days in the Devils Glen in Wicklow during the summer shooting forest landscape photos. This summer despite the fantastic weather, I got very little time to shoot. In fact this was the last landscape photo I took in 5 months. I came upon this spot on the second evening and I missed my opportunity by about 10 minutes. I wanted to shoot into the sun but partially hidden be the trees to prevent flare, while at the same time getting the star burst affect. My first attempt resulted in very bad flare so off I went on the third day. I knew exactly where and when to stand and because of the unheard of sunny weather in Ireland, I was able to get the shot I imagined. As a landscape photographer I always try and photograph Ireland in my own way but always trying something different. I thought a vertical panoramic would work best to show the vertical dynamic of the trees, which formed a perfect V towards the sun. It's a very optimistic photo and refelcts how I felt at the time.

All comments about the watermark will be ignored!