The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

after all ( NSFW )

kweide

After all
When all is over, she starts slowly rearranging her clothes. Still remembering the past time.

Olympus E-M1 + M.Zuiko 12-40 f2.8, noNR
ISO100 @ f5, 1/200 second, 25 mm focal length​

kweide

What do you mean with "style" ? Is is a question for color versions or other ways of post processing or light setup ( which was very simple in this way ) ? Just give me a hint ??

Result
With a little effort, the veil looks good.

RVB

What do you mean with "style" ? Is is a question for color versions or other ways of post processing or light setup ( which was very simple in this way ) ? Just give me a hint ??

Result
With a little effort, the veil looks good.

Is this a two light set up?

Rob

kweide

Rob,

this is a simple one speedlight setup. One single Metz 58 AF-1 pumping his light into the silver umbrella :). I placed the large silver umbrella in front of her . The umbrella is about 2 Meter in size und silver coated. The center was place a bit over her eyeline. The background was illuminated by a large reflector, throwing the flash light from my right, just behind her onto the red veil which i used as a backdrop. Thats a lll ...

RVB

Rob,

this is a simple one speedlight setup. One single Metz 58 AF-1 pumping his light into the silver umbrella :). I placed the large silver umbrella in front of her . The umbrella is about 2 Meter in size und silver coated. The center was place a bit over her eyeline. The background was illuminated by a large reflector, throwing the flash light from my right, just behind her onto the red veil which i used as a backdrop. Thats a lll ...

Thank you for the explanation,it's very nice lighting.. rembrandtesque in style I think!

kweide

Yes indeed. That was the intention and to keep it as simple as possible and to show that such effects are possible with cheap gear as well. I think, the key to such light/shadow effects are:

power reduced lights
large reflective umbrella, to get the wrap around light
and the main point: avoid light from spilling around
full manual control, naturally for Camera and flash !

Last edited: