The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mrauk-U

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you go far enough up the river, people have different traditions, or rather had. The young women nowadays don't do these tattoos, so the chances of seeing this is literally dying out.

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 34mm and f/3.3

Dale Allyn

Wonderful set, Jørgen (as usual). Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I love Burma/Myanmar. It's been too long since I've visited. Your images make me miss the Burmese "out lands" and the people who live there even more. Thanks!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Dale, much appreciated. While hotels around Mandalay, Bagan and Lake Inle are packed with tourists these days, there are none once you cross the city borders of Yangon on the way out in the water world. I'm just back from another visit, hardly scratching the surface of the Irrawaddy Delta, but here's another one from Mrauk-U.

If men carried water, would there be more water pipes?

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In Thailand, like in many other countries where motorised transportation are killing humans and the environment in quantity, the government has recently announced that they will make roads more "bicycle friendly". In Mrauk-U, roads are already bicycle friendly, but for how long...?

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8