The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iceland Portfolio May '15

turtle

I have just completed my latest black and white portfolio, which comprises of images from around the country. I was just about able to complete a circuit, despite the worst/latest winter in decades preventing spring from taking root!

You can read about the trip here, see a more images and then the rest of the portfolio.

As some of you may know, I shot almost 40% of the images on the Ricoh GR on the last trip (well, its a Pentax really) and the rest on the Sony A7 and A7R, which I love. The 645Z of course also has a Sony family sensor and its great to work with files that have so much in common. The 645Z blew me away with its performance and I will write about that in due course. What a camera...

If you have any questions, please ask!

PS. I shot with the 28-45mm SR, 75mm FA and 80-160mm A lenses. While I took the 35mm A with me, I only checked it was performing fine and stuck to the zoom for actual use to save lens changes. Besides, the zoom is a stunning performer and something Sony needs to learn from for their 35mm cameras.

D&A

Tom, I echo all of Joe's words...your images are stunning and found myself returning to them repeatedly. Combined with your naritivd and travel log, is there a possibility of putting it all into a book? In the meantime I'll keep revisiting your posting. Thank!

Dave (D&A)

turtle

Hi Dave, thanks for your kinds words! By book, are you referring to Iceland specifically, or something more general?