The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PAW -- Picture A Week -- Have fun!

JeRuFo

What a great timing that I found this thread this week, it ties in neatly with my resolution to go out and just walk around more to SEE and find subject without planning a lot first and just explore.

With this one I was just so happy I got my LF gear back after the holiday and just wanted to shoot a composition I saw on a hike last weekend on a local estate. I had to work around an unexpected parked car just outside the shot and a tractor that was about to cut the grass in the foreground just as I was ready to trip the shutter (luckily his hydraulic arm didn't work and he had to tinker with it a bit, for which he kindly moved away out of the shot without me even asking.)

Chamonix 045N-2, Nikkor-W 210mm, Fomapan 100 developed in R09

De Drie Sparren, Eerde​

pegelli

A misty/snowy day in London (Woolwich) overlooking the Thames towards the barrier

KonicaMinolta 5D + Minolta 18-70 kit

Bugleone

This is my 'picture of the week' because I made it a week ago and have spent the time until now constantly editing and re-editing the file in Rawtherapee...... I have already posted a B/W version on the Sony pages (it was made with NEX 3 & 18-55) However, I have finally decided that I like the coloured version best......then again!....

pegelli

Central staircase of the Bonnefantenmuseum in Maastricht (Netherlands)

Sony A850 + Minolta 20/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Who needs that old D810 anyway? And the E-M1... that large, clunky old box... GM5 it is ;)

One of my many daughters. Jpeg out of the camera. No adjustments except slight brightness and slight sharpening.

GM5 with Panasonic 35-100mm f/4-5.6 @ 35mm and f/5.3

pegelli

^^ Lovely smile Jorgen :)

Apologies for posting a double pair in PAW but then I don't post here every week, so please excuse - TIA :)
I forgive you Barry, especially with such good images :thumbup:

I've also asked to change the title to Pic A Day or Pic As You Like, but the mods want to keep it this way but I don't think the title rule is strictly observed (nor enforced) :salute:

Moldy ceiling (Bond Street Station)

Barry Haines

^^ Lovely smile Jorgen :)

I forgive you Barry, especially with such good images :thumbup:

I've also asked to change the title to Pic A Day or Pic As You Like, but the mods want to keep it this way but I don't think the title rule is strictly observed (nor enforced) :salute:

Moldy ceiling (Bond Street Station)

Thank you Pieter, I wasn't quite sure if that was allowed or not...Thanks for clarification :)
I just find that there are so many excellent threads now to see or follow and yet I find myself having so little time to visit them all!...Which equates to so many fantastic images still left unseen :(

Jacks thread (PAW) is such an excellent idea for everybody to show their images together and gather us under one roof so to speak, without any heated whats "best" gear exchanges :)

I see Bond Street station hasn't changed in the last 10 years!...That brings back memories of my last 4 years of working up in London before taking early retirement...It looked rough back then!
My everyday morning entry and evening exit station...thanks for sharing.

pegelli

Thank you Pieter, I wasn't quite sure if that was allowed or not...Thanks for clarification :)
I just find that there are so many excellent threads now to see or follow and yet I find myself having so little time to visit them all!...Which equates to so many fantastic images still left unseen :(

Jacks thread (PAW) is such an excellent idea for everybody to show their images together and gather us under one roof so to speak, without any heated whats "best" gear exchanges :)

I see Bond Street station hasn't changed in the last 10 years!...That brings back memories of my last 4 years of working up in London before taking early retirement...It looked rough back then!
My everyday morning entry and evening exit station...thanks for sharing.
Thanks Barry, I agree that a picture central thread in here is a good idea but hasn't gained too much traction, but the stuff posted is usually high quality, so no complaints.
I find myself using the "What's New?" feature of the forum much more these days to find the other photographic gems that are out here. Gear is important but certainly secondary in my book. My A850 got repaired (so no A7 series for me yet) and I have the feeling that I'm still the bottleneck of producing photographs and not my gear :lecture:
And for the gear centric threads I always wish that the toes don't extend farther than arms can reach, but many times that's not the case :loco:

Btw, the Bond Street picture was from 2009, every day I lurk through my catalog to find a few old pictures I haven't processed yet and this was one from that effort. Haven't been back there more recently to see if they could finally spare a bucket of fresh paint :rolleyes: