The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Images of every day objects...

bensonga

The things we touch and use quite often in our daily lives. Some are beautiful in their own right, others are so utilitarian we hardly give them a second thought.

Looking back at my own images over so many years, I realize now how often I have been drawn to take photos of these objects, for a variety of reasons.

Whether the objects are ordinary or extraordinary, if they are objects you use and touch regularly, perhaps some of you have been inclined to take photos of them too.

Whether your images are artful, humorous, NSF or whatever, that is entirely up to you (and the moderators).

Here are two types of objects I use almost every day and could hardly live without.

Gary

Last edited:

bensonga

My reading glasses. Surely I'm not the only one here who takes photos of ordinary objects.

Sony A7 with Leica 50mm Summicron-R (previously posted on the Fun with Sony A7 series thread I think)

bensonga

Espresso con panna at Cafe Originale, my favorite Italian cafe in Anchorage.

Nikon D700 and the Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS lens, shot at f1.2 of course. :)

bensonga

Over the course of my 28 years at BP, I hate to think of how many hours I have spent in meetings, some less productive than others.

On the plus side, at least we have decent chairs to sit on.

Gary

Pentax 645D, 55mm SDM lens

Last edited:

bensonga

The longer daylight hours are upon us here in the Far North. Time to pull out the prescription sunglasses for my afternoon commute. I haven't needed these for several months. Glad I could still find them.

Gary