The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

pegelli

An old Diesel train on the turntable at the Train Museum in Jaworzyna Śląska, Poland

Sony A850 + Minolta 24-105D

pegelli

Do Tractors count as Automobiles? I think they do (albeit they're slow ones) so dared to post these here :toocool:

Here's an old one I happened to see today:

Tractor

It's a Deutz

With a slightly damaged ornament

All Sony A850 + Minolta 85/1.4 RS

bensonga

It's been awhile since I've shared any images here. Recently picked up a MFT camera (GX8) since I sold most of my MFT kit a few years ago. Trying out the Pana 100-300mm lens again and my Leica Telyt-R 250 (thankful for the IBIS on the GX-8). All of these shot were either hand held or with the camera on a monopod (especially useful for shooting with the Leica 250).

So far, I'm quite happy with the results and I will probably be taking this camera with me to Spain in September and to the Monterey Motorsports Reunion in August.

Gary
Eagle River, Alaska

With the GX-8 and Pana 100-300

With the GX-8 and Leica Telyt-R 250mm (on a monopod)

bensonga

One more shot with the GX-8 and Leica Telyt-R 250. While the earlier shot was at f5.6, I think this one was at ~f8.

bensonga

Time for another airplane pic. I've seen this plane out at the Anchorage airport for many years. I really don't know much about small aircraft models, but for some reason I got it into my head that this is a Beechcraft. I would love to know exactly what it is. Anyone here recognize it?

Panasonic GH-3, 100-300mm lens at 150. Converted to B&W with Nik SilverEfex Pro2. I started with the "High Structure Harsh" preset, then added red filtration, Tri-X Pro film emulation, "Black 1" vignetting and the border. I sure like these B&W conversion plug-ins. I use SilverEfex Pro and Topaz regularly. I try not to "over cook" the conversions, unless that's the look I really want.

Gary

cunim

Time for another airplane pic. I've seen this plane out at the Anchorage airport for many years. I really don't know much about small aircraft models, but for some reason I got it into my head that this is a Beechcraft. I would love to know exactly what it is. Anyone here recognize it?

Panasonic GH-3, 100-300mm lens at 150. Converted to B&W with Nik SilverEfex Pro2. I started with the "High Structure Harsh" preset, then added red filtration, Tri-X Pro film emulation, "Black 1" vignetting and the border. I sure like these B&W conversion plug-ins. I use SilverEfex Pro and Topaz regularly. I try not to "over cook" the conversions, unless that's the look I really want.

Gary

Looks like a Piper PA23 Apache.

bensonga

Looks like a Piper PA23 Apache.
I think you are right Cunim. A friend of mine who is a pilot and has flown small airplanes for ~40 years said the same.

I sure would like to attend an airshow someday to take photos of older civilian and military airplanes.

Gary