The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

pegelli

I still have a vintage car, a Volvo Amazon from 1965. I'm the third owner, bought it in 1985 and drove it as my day-to-day car from '85 to '88 and '98 to '01. From '88 to '98 it was stored and got a body overhaul and repaint. After '01 I didn't have the time to maintain/drive it after getting a job with much more travel and it went into storage and hasn't been driven since .

It was delivered new in 1965 by Volvo dealer G.M. Poppe in Middelburg (Netherlands). It seems the dealership is no longer there, there are some other Poppe auto dealers in the area (Goes/Vlissingen), but they are not (or no longer) Volvo anymore, but VW/Audi.

Late December '16 I went to see how it was doing and took some snaps. Plan is to get it back into a driving condition in the next year, we'll see if this new years resolution holds :lecture:. But overall I wasn't too displeased how it looked after 15 years of not being attended.

1: Front view

2: A genuine B18 engine (and an aftermarket brake booster)

3: The rear

4: An impressive front

5: Interior

A6000 + E16-50kit(2) or E10-18/4(others)

Elderly

I still have a vintage car, a Volvo Amazon from 1965. I'm the third owner, bought it in 1985 and drove it as my day-to-day car from '85 to '88 and '98 to '01. From '88 to '98 it was stored and got a body overhaul and repaint. After '01 I didn't have the time to maintain/drive it after getting a job with much more travel and it went into storage and hasn't been driven since .

]
I had one too, here it is with my then girlfriend (now wife :rolleyes:) whilst on 'holiday' in Scotland in 1972.

We came across it again recently, it's still a daily driver, kept in the street in London.

Elderly

And I still have a 'vintage' car too (pedantically a vintage car is one made between 1919 -1930 :lecture:).

This is not my image, as my reactions are not quick enough to both drive it on a racetrack and manage to get a shot of it in action too :p

It's a far more expensive hobby than photography (as I'm not into Leicas :grin:) but unlike
digital camera bodies, the value of the car does not depreciate :thumbup:.

bensonga

And I still have a 'vintage' car too (pedantically a vintage car is one made between 1919 -1930 :lecture:).

This is not my image, as my reactions are not quick enough to both drive it on a racetrack and manage to get a shot of it in action too :p

It's a far more expensive hobby than photography (as I'm not into Leicas :grin:) but unlike
digital camera bodies, the value of the car does not depreciate :thumbup:.
Nice Alfa and it must be a real blast to drive on a race track. I saw a few Alfas at the 2016 Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion on the Laguna Seca track, including this 1957 Giulietta Spider on the Andretti Turn. This was one of the first shots I took, so slightly out of focus, but I like it nonetheless. It was my first time shooting motorsports and took me a little while to get the hang of the basics. I never did get the hang of panning, as the photographer who took the photo of your car has done.

Gary

Pana GH3 and 100-300mm lens

Shashin

Plan is to get it back into a driving condition in the next year, we'll see if this new years resolution holds
Interesting that you hide the plates. Are you sure the car itself is not identification enough? :ROTFL: This kind of reminds me of James Bond blending in by driving really expensive British luxury sports cars.

Great car. I hope you get it on the road.

pegelli

Interesting that you hide the plates. Are you sure the car itself is not identification enough? :ROTFL:
:LOL:

Well, light blue / 2 door amazons are 13 in a dozen, so I think I'm quite safe there.

Something different (not mine), a wet beetle

Sony NEX6 + E16-50PZ