The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Back focus issue

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
Bob, this one's for you :salute:

"So, my Nocti is back focusing on my M8.
Fix it? Whadda ya mean fix it?
It's never backfocused so well in it's life!"
:ROTFL::ROTFL:

Okay, so I need to qualify this image with a little story.
Yosemite Workshop - Oct 07
Dinner, people passing around M8's w/ Nocti, good times to be had by all.

Except all through my first day using the M8 (which is the only M I've ever used), randomly, I just wouldn't be able to focus with the M8, regardless of lens. And now here again at dinner, I'm unable to see the 'magic box' that lets me focus the M8. So I look at my distance to Woody. I look at the range dial on the lens. Eh, 2-3 meters seems to be right. *click*

I chimp and see the picture above. I know I will catch hell for it; but it's just too perfect a picture to delete. :rolleyes:

So, special thanks go out to Mike, who on the following day, when looking at me about to take a picture, said, "Chris, you can't put your finger there. It's covering up the second window which is used for focusing." :banghead:

Terry

Also, did everyone visit the same shop that only sells Magenta clothes or is it a prerequisite to bring your very best M8 attire.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
As we all know magenta is the M8s favorite color.
The nocti being used was filterless so we all got to show off our very best magentaware.
That evening, try as I might, I was unable to focus that lens as well as Chris.
I think that, as with any tool of the Jeddi Knights, the nocti works best if you just feel the power. After drinks, I think that we ALL were feeling the power that evening.
-bob