The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

Don Libby

My thanks to Cindy for her help and suggestion of this thread. This is just a quick drive by shot at the SaddleBrooke golf course after I found something green to shoot a custom WB.

I'm still working the bugs out but feel I'm closer

Don

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Don, I like the first one better because it is more muted.
Joe, Those are both really nice. What camera/lens did you use?

Don Libby

Getting closer and more comfortable with this. I figure color will be the hardest so once I'm satisfied I'll start looking at black & white. All in all I'm very pleased. Shoot with a 1DsII and 24-105.

Don

Don Libby

viablex1 - lovely shot. What camera/lens did you use? I'd also like to know a little of the PP.

Again great idea Cindy!

Lisa

I've been doing IR for several years now, first with a normal Nikon D70 with filters, then with a converted D70, and recently with a converted D200. Two images from my recent trip to the Dolomites:

I personally don't care much for false-color IR photos - I'm a purist, I generally prefer to convert to B&W, and then give them a single-color tone that I think goes well with the atmosphere of the image.

Lisa

viablex1

viablex1 - lovely shot. What camera/lens did you use? I'd also like to know a little of the PP.

Again great idea Cindy!
I used a Nikon D300 IR converted. with the 20mm Voigtlander lens

used levels and curves for contrast and channel mixer to swap out the red and blue channel