The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

V

Vivek

Thanks, Viablex.

The first Epson R-D1s Canon 50/0.95, Hoya R72 filter.

The rest, a self modified D80-IR (Hoya R72 filter) plus lenses (18-55 nikon kitzoom for the little kid peaking into the camera and the video recording of a rehearsal; a T/S 28mm for the Pigeon and 14-24 Nikkor zoom for the panned shot).

I do not have the Epson or the D80-IR anymore. I think I may convert an m4/3rds cam for IR and UV. Cindy was kind enough send me the IR cut filter from her G1 (modified for IR). That makes the cutting of the filters easier.

eleanorbrown

My favorite also. if you are shooting with the R72, how are you getting as much color as you're getting? I'm shooting with a 720 filter over the sensor and with the custom white balance I get very little color. eleanor

Vivek, My favorite is your son zooming on his bike...and I always enjoy your bird/duck photos.

Howard

Marina Del Rey CA - Canon G9 - IR converted

Arlington National Cemetery - Canon G9 - IR converted

Paris Hotel Las Vegas NV - Canon G2 - IR converted

Don Libby

I like the zooming image as well Vivek.

Howard - Arlington image is very emotional on many levels. The dark moody sky fits in perfectly. Thanks for sharing

V

Vivek

My favorite also. if you are shooting with the R72, how are you getting as much color as you're getting? I'm shooting with a 720 filter over the sensor and with the custom white balance I get very little color. eleanor
Eleanor, The camera I used (D80) has a CCD sensor which has enormous sensitivity in near IR compared to the CMOS sensors from Canon. The NMOS sensor in 4/3rds and m4/3rds cameras (as in Cindy's G1-IR) is even more sensitive to IR (more than the CCD). This, in addition to how Nikon and Canon implemented their Bayer color filters determine the colors, I think.

Post processing: Don't use any other custom WB. Try Tungsten temperature (linear scale, helps with metering as well) and use the black or white dropper. That does it most of the time.

FWIW, those who use Nikon cams, the 14-24/2.8 zoom is one sweet lens (the best is their cheap plastic 18-55 AFS kitzoom) for IR, especially at 14mm.

Cindy, Eleanor and Don- thanks for your kind words.

Here is one (D80-IR, 10.5mm Fisheye Nikkor) of a Dandelion head (I still have to work the color palette just right).

eleanorbrown

Cindy this image (nice shot btw) reminds me so much of a whole series I did called "Downtown Houston in Infrared"....even did a book on the images. Shot straight up on all the buildings, did a lot of reflections in the glass, etc. IR does a wonderful fob with subject matter like this. Eleanor

Since we are doing IR with many different cameras, how about a more fun with IR thread?
[IMG

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy this image (nice shot btw) reminds me so much of a whole series I did called "Downtown Houston in Infrared"....even did a book on the images. Shot straight up on all the buildings, did a lot of reflections in the glass, etc. IR does a wonderful fob with subject matter like this. Eleanor

Since we are doing IR with many different cameras, how about a more fun with IR thread?
[IMG
Thanks, Eleanor. I love this kind of photography. This is a photo from the Mayo Clinic buildings, Rochester, MN. Do you have a link to photos from your Dallas set? I'd love to see them.