The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
It is a great size for an IR body. I can put a whole G1 (x2) kit in one bag. I had the G1 IR calibrated with the kit lens. My Oly 50 f/2 is wonderful with it, too. I used the Oly for the IR car show shots.
I'm just beginning to explore IR. I'm not really too much of a fan of the false color...I like IR better for black and white. Hard to tell where it will all lead.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
These are all super folks!

Don, I really like number 1 in your post above :thumbs:. It appears there is some IR "hot-spotting" in number 3 -- not bad, just notable in the color version. This is usually caused with Asph lenses, so I'm curious as to which lens were you using?

Viablex: Ditto Lisa's comments on that last image --- such a simple concept, but so VERY cool in its execution!

Don Libby

Jack, These were all done with the 24-105 and on the fly. We stopped at the mission just long enough for me to jump out of the jeep camera in hand and walk across the parking lot. All handheld testing to see what would come out in a similar situation.

Are you speaking about the first images I posted? If so these were taken the day after the camera came home while I was attempting to get the WB set.

Don

Not sure if I talked Chris out of selling the 5D however that used to belong to Sandy if he doesn't convert it you should!

Don Libby

Viablex1, your images give a great example of what can be done in IR. I'm finding myself now looking with a split thought process; normal color capture with my Cambo WRS/P45+ or IR with the Canon. The first three are nice however I really like the concept of the last two with the last one being my favorite by far.

Don

viablex1

thanks, I had been looking for this place on and off for like four years, it rained like crazy so I was using my camera and holding an umbrella at the same time except for the one in the car.

I just sent in my D2x for conversion from precision camera so I can utilize more false color..the one thing I need to do is to shoot with a tripod, handheld is conveinent but I like that slight blur on the leaves or glow like the actual film..

here is another car shot...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Wanted to share these. All shot with 1DsII 24-105 lens and 665nm filter.

[...]

Don
Love this series of 5.
Great textures and without the often over-artificial (personal taste of course) IR tones... and cool compositions don't hurt! :thumbs:

viablex1

cool looking forward to it, how long does it typically take precision camera to get back to you when you send something in??