The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

scho

Carl, I really like the color on this one.

I am very happy that I purchased Jack's actions. It makes the conversions so simple.

Vivek, I like the detail and tones of your shot of the young girls.
Thanks Cindy. Yes, Jack's action set is very well done and convenient to use for both monochrome and color conversions.

V

Vivek

Thanks Carl and Cindy.

Once I set up the proper step rings to attach filters, I will do some work with my super-fast primes (25/0.95s and 50/0.95). All do very well for IR, including the fabulous pen F lenses.

As a carry everywhere combo, the G1 +20/1.7 (with a 49mm Hoya R72) work splendidly and I don't want to mess with that.

V

Vivek

"Super-fast" lenses have to wait. During daytime, the IR levels are way to high.

Here is one with a Fujinon-TV 50/1.4 (at f/2.8 so that shutter speed at ISO 100 will be within the limit!), hacked G1, Hoya R72.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy, Very nice images of the old mill and dam. Old mill sites that are still operational offer a wealth of photo ops.
Thanks, Carl. You inspired me to give false color another try, but I didn't get the nice colors that you did. Any hints?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
"Super-fast" lenses have to wait. During daytime, the IR levels are way to high.

Here is one with a Fujinon-TV 50/1.4 (at f/2.8 so that shutter speed at ISO 100 will be within the limit!), hacked G1, Hoya R72.

This is really nice. i can imagine that you can't use the really fast glass in bright light. Can you add a ND filter on top of your IR filter?

scho

Thanks, Carl. You inspired me to give false color another try, but I didn't get the nice colors that you did. Any hints?
Cindy,
Still looks very good in this false color version. You might try boosting the saturation slider a bit more in the hue/sat layer, but the hue looks about right as is. Sometimes, depending on angle of light, atmospheric clarity, and probably other factors, it is difficult to get a nice deep sky blue. The shot I posted above was taken on an exceptionally clear day (for Ithaca in April) at mid day facing north so I was lucky to be able to get good colors without much trouble in post processing.

V

Vivek

This is really nice. i can imagine that you can't use the really fast glass in bright light. Can you add a ND filter on top of your IR filter?
Thanks, Cindy.:) I think it is the volcano's doing (all planes grounded -> less pollution). So, it could be a temporary "problem". :(

I only have 100mm dia ND filters for special use. :(

Here is one under tricky lighting (50/1.4 Fujinon again, Bolder Vision IR polarizer plus Heliopan RM780 on hacked G1):

viablex1

hey thanks!!! for the kind words!!! ben playing with this new disc I got in the mail procesing them a little different..

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
hey thanks!!! for the kind words!!! ben playing with this new disc I got in the mail procesing them a little different..

Whatever you are doing with the new software is fantastic. I like the colored ones especially, but the black and white just glows, too.

V

Vivek

OK, false color... not very pleased with these compared to what I used to get from Sony CCDs (Nikon cams). All of these with a hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7 and Hoya R72.

Earlier today, I had a chance to wander in a local park. Fabulous, cold sunny day with lots of clouds. It started off rather innocuous (snapping that is).

Sheep/Crows/Vegetation/Clouds

Geese/Water/Clouds..

Then this VERY UNNATURAL thing..:shocked: Never seen a female cow mount another before.:wtf:

V

Vivek

Viablex, Seems like you are going for HIE looks. Nice series! :)

CMB, Thanks!:)

V

Vivek

Back to monochrome. Did I mention that I do not favor the IR colors from the NMOS sensor?:)