The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

scho

Couple of shots from a waterfront walk on a very humid day that eventually resulted in T-storms. G1-IR with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Couple of shots from a waterfront walk on a very humid day that eventually resulted in T-storms. G1-IR with Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar.

I like both of these a lot. The false color looks good on #2. #1 is just such a wonderful scene. It stands on its own without any color.

Rich M

Thank you, Carl. The complex sky brought a big rain with it....which we needed.

Today the sky was amazing. This is shot with G1 IR and Pen-F 20 f/3.5
Cindy.....these are two beautiful shots. Great framing. The first shot has a wonderful sense of grandeur to it....the second has a hint of drama in the clouds. I find myself anticipating what is going to come.

Very nice......R

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
OH Cindy!
I want a print of #1
PM me on how I can get one.
thanks!
-bob

I mean this one

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Rich, Bob and Terry.
The best thing about the little G's is that they can fit in with any gear you are taking and take up so little space. I'm really hooked on IR.

scho

We had lunch outside today beneath an arbor at a local vineyard bistro. Just a couple of snaps of the vines against the bright blue sky. G1-IR Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon.

Vines & Contrails

Vines & Lake

Rich M

We had lunch outside today beneath an arbor at a local vineyard bistro. Just a couple of snaps of the vines against the bright blue sky. G1-IR Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon.
Very nice Carl. I always have mixed feelings about using "false color". These shots of yours nail it though.....especially the first "Vines and Contrails".

There is also something very different about the Contax lenses and the G1 IR...in a good way.

R

scho

Very nice Carl. I always have mixed feelings about using "false color". These shots of yours nail it though.....especially the first "Vines and Contrails".

There is also something very different about the Contax lenses and the G1 IR...in a good way.

R
Thank you Rich. I share your mixed feelings about false color, but it seems to work for a few images. One in particular that I like is Cindy's shot above of the building rendered in red. Contax G lenses are really nice on the G-IR cameras and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the little 28 biogon performs.

Rich M

Contax G lenses are really nice on the G-IR cameras and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the little 28 biogon performs.
Carl....I think the 28 Biogon has performed very well for you. This runs contradictory to many threads you read.

First issue seems to be the flanges (which I assume you cut off or trimmed). The other issue is edge smearing due to (purportedly) the result of spherical aberrations introduced by glass layers above the sensor and the distance of the lens exit pupil from the sensor.

Any comments?

R

scho

Carl....I think the 28 Biogon has performed very well for you. This runs contradictory to many threads you read.

First issue seems to be the flanges (which I assume you cut off or trimmed). The other issue is edge smearing due to (purportedly) the result of spherical aberrations introduced by glass layers above the sensor and the distance of the lens exit pupil from the sensor.

Any comments?

R
Rich,
Yes, I cut off the rear flanges so the 28 biogon could be used on an m43 mount with adapter.

There is some obvious corner softness with the 28 biogon, but I have been able to work around this problem with most of the shots I've used either because it does not interfere or it is easily dealt with via minor cropping. There is no severe edge smearing distortion that was quite evident with my previous Zeiss M mount biogons (25 and 35) when used on m43. The longer focal length 35, 45, and 90 Contax G lenses yield images with more uniform sharpness, but I still like the 28 perspective and I'm able to live with the relatively minor corner softness issue.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I really see that the lens used makes a lot of difference on the G1 IR. I love the way the Zeiss lenses are working for Carl and Rich. I am fond of the Pen-F lenses that I have. I like them a lot better than the Oly or Panny digital lenses that I have.

Carl, I like both shots from today, but especially number one.

scho

I really see that the lens used makes a lot of difference on the G1 IR. I love the way the Zeiss lenses are working for Carl and Rich. I am fond of the Pen-F lenses that I have. I like them a lot better than the Oly or Panny digital lenses that I have.

Carl, I like both shots from today, but especially number one.
Thanks Cindy. I wish that I had kept my old Pen lenses that were sold many years ago. They seem to be an excellent match for the m43 cameras.

scho

Glimpse of Buttermilk Falls trough the hemlocks along the trail. G1-IR with Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon.

V

Vivek

Hacked G1, Pana 20/1.7 (best IR lens ever!:thumbs:), Hoya R72, Polarizer.