The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

scho

Some images with the G1-IR and 35mm f/2 Planar taken in the town park this afternoon.

Vines & Trailer

Pond reflections

Contemplation under the willow

scho

Tried my Canon 24 TS-E II on the G1-IR using an RJ EOS/m43 adapter. Had to preset the aperture (f/8) while the lens was mounted to the 5DII and then hold the DOF preview button down while removing the lens to keep the aperture at f/8. Lens is large and heavy for the G1, but otherwise works fine with edge to edge sharpness. About 1 degree down tilt used for image below, no shift.

scho

Finally got rid of the humidity and rain for awhile so I took the G1-IR out to the Cornell Newman Arboretum for some more testing with the Canon 24mm TS-E II lens. I was very impressed with the sharpness and fine detail this lens produces all the way from the immediate foreground to horizon. All images were at pre-set aperture of f/8 and 1 degree of downward tilt. Some shift applied for framing.

My testing with the 5DMKII, which was the primary body I intended to use this lens with, was cut short when the sensor died in the camera yesterday. Now on it's way to Canon Service (thankfully still under warranty for another month).

Curved bench

Overview of arboretum

Chinese Gong (very loud)

Pergola (two image shift and stitch)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carl, These are really, really nice. I always really liked the Canon TS lenses. My favorite was the 90mm...I still miss having a Canon and that lens. I never thought of using a TS lens on my IR camera. You are getting spectacular results.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I just looked back through your shots, Carl, and noticed the bird in the cloud in the pergola shot. The detail is wonderful.
Sorry to hear about your 5D2...bummer. Hope it returns to you in good health.

scho

My god Carl......those are extraordinary images. What a wonderful set.
Thanks for sharing.....R
Thank you Rich. I'm really very pleased with the performance of this lens on the G1-IR

Carl, These are really, really nice. I always really liked the Canon TS lenses. My favorite was the 90mm...I still miss having a Canon and that lens. I never thought of using a TS lens on my IR camera. You are getting spectacular results.
Thank you Cindy. The new 24 TS-E II is an incredible lens and I was pleasantly surprised that it did so well with the little G1.

I just looked back through your shots, Carl, and noticed the bird in the cloud in the pergola shot. The detail is wonderful.
Sorry to hear about your 5D2...bummer. Hope it returns to you in good health.
Yes, and I can actually see some detail in the bird's wings at 100%. Sharpness and fine detail resolution are excellent from edge to edge with this lens. I was working on a tripod at about 3.5 ft height so just dialed in 1 to 1.5 degrees downward tilt for all of these shots at f/8. The 5DMKII sensor failure was a real shock, but I've heard of a few other sudden death cases like this with the 5DMKII. I'm hoping to have the camera back in about two weeks.

scho

Two from today with the G1-IR and Canon TS-E 24 II.

Cooling off on a 90+ afternoon down below the falls.

Ankle snappers.

scho

Two from a walk along the waterfront this afternoon. Both with the G1-IR and Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon.

Boiling Clouds

Willow Grove

T

tokengirl

I shot a roll of Rollei IR 400 this morning, first IR in more than 25 years. M6 with CV 25mm Color Skopar and B&W #093 filter. Film rated at ISO 12, developed in Rodinal 1+50 for 12 minutes at 20°C. I'm pretty happy with it, though I may try other developers just to see what happens. Definitely getting more of this film.

Taylor Slough001 by MsMambo, on Flickr

Snake Road003 by MsMambo, on Flickr

Snake Road002 by MsMambo, on Flickr

Snake Road001 by MsMambo, on Flickr