The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about a more fun with IR thread?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Claire, Those are beautiful. My favorite is Snake Road #3. I am going to have to get some of that film and try it in my Mamiya 7. Your work is very inspiring.

Terry

Finally catching back up on this thread.

Carl - waterfall looks great. I'm sure large it just looks even better.

Cindy- that first car shot is really neat

Claire - Taylor slough really needs to be printed!

scho

This is a beautiful set, Carl. My favorite is the last one. I'm sorry that I haven't visited for a while.
Thank you Cindy. The last image is a favorite place on our waterfront trail walk. My wife always complains when I stop to take pictures and particularly here where I've often photographed this scene.
Finally catching back up on this thread.

Carl - waterfall looks great. I'm sure large it just looks even better.

Cindy- that first car shot is really neat

Claire - Taylor slough really needs to be printed!
Thank you Terry and I do like a large print I made recently of this image on metallic B&W. Congrats on your new Rm3d - seems to be a marvelous camera with many options. Looking forward to seeing more of your images as you explore the camera's capabilities.

Professional

Tareq, It is a Panasonic DMC-G1. I had it converted to IR by Precision Camera.
ah ok, i was wondering which G1 camera is that, and does it takes lenses from another brands with adapter then?
I may think to convert one of my cameras to IR, filter is just ... to use.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
ah ok, i was wondering which G1 camera is that, and does it takes lenses from another brands with adapter then?
I may think to convert one of my cameras to IR, filter is just ... to use.
Yes, it takes all kinds of legacy lenses with the proper adapter. I used a Pen-F 20 f/3.5 lens on it for these shots. Keep in mind that the Panasonic G1 has a 2x crop, so a 20mm lens has a 40mm field of view.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Terry, thank you. You never know what to expect when shooting cars with the IR cam.

Thank you Cindy. The last image is a favorite place on our waterfront trail walk. My wife always complains when I stop to take pictures and particularly here where I've often photographed this scene.
My husband often says: " How many pictures of ..... can you take???":ROTFL:

Lisa

I really love the slough photo, tokengirl. The bright waterlily pads against the dark, so dark, water really make it!

Lisa

scho

Tourists are starting to thin out so I took a brief afternoon walk in one of the favorite gorges. About 10 degrees cooler in the gorge so very refreshing. Lighting was quite harsh so I had difficulty with these shots. G1-IR with the Canon TS-E 24mm II.

scho

Viewing the Marsh Panasonic G1 IR Pen-F 20 f/3.5
Very nice image. Looks like our Montezuma marsh at the north end of Cayuga Lake. Is that the out of camera color with the pen-F 20? I've noticed significant color differences between lenses. Presumably do to different lens coatings, but I don't really know. I have done custom G1 WB for some lenses.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Carl, No, I flipped the A+B channels. Then I fooled with the color channels to see what colors would come up. I liked it when I got to this point. I usually convert to black and white, because I don't often like the colored version.

scho

A neglected, old boatyard on the waterfront. The broken windows in the shed look thought to the inlet waterfront. G1-IR with Lumix 20mm f/1.7

scho

Hot mirror windows

This relatively new building seems to have glass windows that reflect infrared just like a hot mirror filter. Interesting distortions in the reflections of the surrounding landscape. G1-IR + 20mm Lumix.

See pano of this building in the Panorama thread

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A neglected, old boatyard on the waterfront. The broken windows in the shed look thought to the inlet waterfront. G1-IR with Lumix 20mm f/1.7
I really like this one, composition and balance of tones is spot on! My only critique is it's perhaps a little hot overall, like maybe 10 points of brightness in post.

scho

I really like this one, composition and balance of tones is spot on! My only critique is it's perhaps a little hot overall, like maybe 10 points of brightness in post.
Thanks Jack. You are right about the brightness. Those vines were reflecting a lot of IR from the bright afternoon sun.