The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any One use this Canon mount Schneider T/S?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
This is the same lens as the Leica R version..they buy it from Schneider. Of course the story is that Leica hand picks the best. It has a special mount so that it will work on a Canon or with the other mount a R body. I used one briefly last summer on loan from the Leica Akademie and found it to be an excellent lens . It does benefit by stopping it down so I used it at 5.6 and 8.0 and it produced Leica quality. IMHO. Since I don t use T/S I can t compare its performance really to anything other than a std lens like a 35 summicron. I think if it was for a 1dsMKIII I would look hard at the Nikkor 24 T/S as the Schneider is really quite an old design.

fotografz

This is the same lens as the Leica R version..they buy it from Schneider. Of course the story is that Leica hand picks the best. It has a special mount so that it will work on a Canon or with the other mount a R body. I used one briefly last summer on loan from the Leica Akademie and found it to be an excellent lens . It does benefit by stopping it down so I used it at 5.6 and 8.0 and it produced Leica quality. IMHO. Since I don t use T/S I can t compare its performance really to anything other than a std lens like a 35 summicron. I think if it was for a 1dsMKIII I would look hard at the Nikkor 24 T/S as the Schneider is really quite an old design.
Thanks. It's just as I figured. I used the Schneider R version years ago on a R7.

mark1958

Marc.. I had one of these lenses a few months back and had used it on the 1DsmkIII. It is quite sharp edge to edge stopped down to f5.6 or more. There is a fair bit of CA especially when shifted.