The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lets go crazy with Canon image thread

kevinparis

Ok we all know we can take a Canon DSLR into a studio with lights and get that perfect eyelash or put it on a tripod and wait for the perfect light and get that impressive landscape.

but what happens if you are a bit more punkish with it... push up the ISO and try and take photos where you shouldn't

Lets see some of your more on the edge stuff

here are some from a paris new year

Have a great 2010

K

W

wbrandsma

Such a great series, Kevin. Best wishes to you and Cam for 2010!

Don Libby

Great shots everyone. I really like the way the entire atmosphere has been captured. There’s a little of everything from celebration to reflection.

Keep ‘em coming

Don

W

wbrandsma

Here some more from last year. All 10D and some legacy lenses.

trisberg

A few from New Years Eve at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA.

Happy new year!

These were all taken with my recently acquired 5D, five minutes before the mirror fell out :( That was the end of shooting for that night. It will have to go to Canon to get fixed now.

-Thomas

W

wbrandsma

Maybe the images fell out too, Thomas. Good luck with your 5D.

W

wbrandsma

I find the 5D a very interesting camera and would love to use it with my Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 (for which I am still waiting for my adapter to arrive).

So I hope it can be fixed quickly for you and all the best light for 2010.

trisberg

I find the 5D a very interesting camera and would love to use it with my Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 (for which I am still waiting for my adapter to arrive).

So I hope it can be fixed quickly for you and all the best light for 2010.
I've been thinking of getting a Zuiko 50mm lens for the 5D. I bought a Zuiko 28mm f3.5 and it is a very good lens. Better than the Canon 28s but it's a bit on the slow side. The only issue I have is the focusing for wide angle MF lenses. The Haoda split image screen is OK but nowhere near as easy as what I'm used to from film cameras like the Olympus OM-2 or Nikon FM series. 50mm and up seems to be easy enough to focus.

All the best for 2010 to you and your family.

-Thomas

Will

This thread is inspiring me to move on from my small sensor obsession and dust of my 5D!

Some from previous times.

clark666

Dan and his Tesla

Camera: Canon EOS 7D
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 15 mm
ISO Speed: 6400