The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Legacy Lenses on a Canon Image Thread

kevinparis

My Nikon and OM adapters arrived from the ebay seller big_is
Today has been the first day the weather has been conducive to shooting.

So here are some samples using a Zuiko 24/2

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very nice -- I loved that lens back in the day when I was shooting 3rd party on my Canons!

kevinparis

thanks Jack... it seems to be a versatile lens for me... great WA on the Canon and a pretty fine fast normal on my 4/3rds... I am a happy boy.

Any other 3rd parties you liked on the Canon?

K

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I liked the Oly 18, but only because it was inexpensive and rendered a more classic look -- not nearly as crisp as the Oly 24/2. I borrowed and liked the Oly 50/1.2, again for it's unique look. My absolute favorites were the Oly 24/2, the Leica R 35 Lux, and the Leica R 80 Lux. I never got to try a Leica 50 Lux, but suspect it would feel the same as the 35 and 80, and if it did would make my ideal MF trio, with the Oly 24/2 rounding out a foursome. If you want a really crisp shift lens, the C/Y Zeiss 35 is awesome.

My issue now is my aging eyes -- I really need AF for hand-held work. So the MF lenses are not for me anymore unless they're specialty, like the TSE's or a killer macro.

kevinparis

thanks for that jack

I am constantly amazed at how physically small the OM lenses are... I have a 28 , 35 a 50 and a 100... and together they are smaller than many modern zoom lenses... they are little works of engineering art

K

LCT

...I am constantly amazed at how physically small the OM lenses are... I have a 28 , 35 a 50 and a 100... and together they are smaller than many modern zoom lenses...
Yes smaller than zoom lenses fortunately ;) I use the Zuikos 21/2 and 28/2 with my 5D. Here the 28/2 and the Summicron-M 28/2. The Cron is sharper but the Zuiko is very close to the late Elmarit-R 28/2.8 and vignettes less than the latter at f/2.8.