The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Canon T2i/550D

ustein

Contributing Editor
I really like the first one. What lens did you use?
All were shot with the 24-105mm f/4 IS. Because of the crop only the center is used. Likely helps at WA a bit.

Right now I use DPP but wait for ACR or C1 to feel more comfortable.

PS: You may not see this but I also used some texture blending for the two alley photos.

T

tokengirl

You know all those threads on various forums where people post pictures of brick walls in the dark that have been pushed five stops in post processing to show what's wrong with their camera?

This thread is the opposite of that. So thanks for posting your photos.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I test cameras by shooting photos I like. If it works the camera cannot be bad, right. By this token the T2i is excellent.

Uwe

Helena

What a positive thread and beautiful photographs! Very inspirational.

I sold 450D/Xsi to get G1 (5D is my main camera) and I have regretted it ever since. Now I have found that µ4/3 isn't for me (sold it yesterday) and miss 450D even more. Your thread has made me think about getting a 550D.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Judging from the specs, this seems to be an impressive camera. According to dpr, the viewfinder is a bit smaller than the Nikon D90. How is it for manual focusing?

Great photos btw.

Diane B

I'm enjoying them Uwe. At some point I may decide to add a 1.6x body to my Canon kit again--just sold the 400D (or not LOL). You are certainly getting nice results from it. i haven't tried any of the Canons with liveview yet--maybe need to just try one.