The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

In Seattle? Got a Zeiss 35mm ZE? Meet for coffee?

I'm hemming and hawing in the belief that the ZE35mm might be THE lens for me. And if you know Seattle you know Glazers doesn't stock the Zeiss stuff. I'd love to try one.

If you're around here and would fancy a coffee meetup--connecting with another photographer is always nice anyway--perhaps we can sort something out?

I'll meet you at a place convenient for you, buy you coffee, and try your lens out on my 5DII. Perhaps you're curious about a Canon 50L, 85L? These are the only particularly interesting things I have to bring to play with. But what the heck, right?

Give a holler!

Call Glazers, they have most in stock for Nikon and Canon
Hmm. Great to know. Last time I asked they were (I thought) a bit sniffy about how they hadn't heard much good about the Z glass and why not just buy OEM anyway.

I'd still rather do the meet-a-shooter-at-a-coffeshop version, but perhaps I'll got check Glazers out. Thanks.

charlesphoto

Glazers carries them and sales rep Mark Vercammon is excited about it. I've had a 35 for my Nikon D3 for a couple of years now and think it's a fantastic lens.

agoglanian

I've got the 35 ZE and I use it on my 5DmkII. It's very quickly become my favorite lens!

I'm in southern CA so I can't meet up with you, but if I was in your area I'd have been happy to let you try it out.

PS - I just sold my 50L to purchase the 35ZE and the 50ZE

I've got the 35 ZE and I use it on my 5DmkII. It's very quickly become my favorite lens!

I'm in southern CA so I can't meet up with you, but if I was in your area I'd have been happy to let you try it out.

PS - I just sold my 50L to purchase the 35ZE and the 50ZE
Thanks for the note. I'll get round to trying, and I have little doubt, to buying. I have a 50L and an 85L that might get converted into 35ZE and 100ZE in like manner to your kit's evolution.

ashwinrao1

The 100 ZE is a lens that I am starting to lust over, but the 50 L is close to without parallel, in my mind....Sean Reid's site has some nice Zeiss SLR lens reviews, which have helped me to stay convinced in sticking with Canons for my primes....but that 100 ZE looks tasty! And macro added along with smaller relative size may lead to eventual purchase...