The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

canon 135L or hassy 150+ adapter

drazin

hey guys.

when i shoot concerts i use my canon 5dmkii and some lenses but when i am further away in the crowd, i use my hasselblad 110mm F lens with a adapter. it works great and i get some of my best shots with it.

i see someone has a hasselblad 150mm FE for sale and i was thinking of picking up a canon 135l to get a little extra length .

am i better off getting the hassy lens or the canon? they are both about the same price.

T

tetsrfun

hey guys.

when i shoot concerts i use my canon 5dmkii and some lenses but when i am further away in the crowd, i use my hasselblad 110mm F lens with a adapter. it works great and i get some of my best shots with it.

i see someone has a hasselblad 150mm FE for sale and i was thinking of picking up a canon 135l to get a little extra length .

am i better off getting the hassy lens or the canon? they are both about the same price.
I just ordered a Hasselblad 150mm f/2.8..can't compare to the Canon but a 'blad 150mm f/2.8 F will be about 60% the cost of an FE in similar condition. Using "F" series lenses with an adapter, the electrical contacts of the FE aren't usable.

Steve

turtle

the 135L is one of the best Canon lenses and is an astonishing performer. If you need the AF and the extra reach, this is one hell of a lens. It is exceedingly sharp and with great bokeh.