The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

jklotz

The more I shoot with the 50/1.2L, the quicker it is becoming my favorite lens for Canon. This one's at 1.6 of my dog in very dim light...

kevinparis

after nearly 2 years of Olympus I have stepped over to the dark side and gone full frame... still waiting for the adaptors for Nikon and OM so I am stuck with a Canon 35/2 and a 85/1.8.... particularly impressed with the 35/2

K

W

wbrandsma

Congratulations with your new camera, Kevin. And the portrait of Eric is just fantastic.

I think a Canon 5D is becoming a much more interesting option for me. I have already seen prices go to 800 Euro.

kevinparis

thanks wouter

the high iso of the MkII is very seductive.... the pic of me is at 6400 and eric is at 1600

did you ever get your OM adapter.... I have a nikon and a OM adapter with AF confirm on the way from China... will let you know how they work out

cheers

trisberg

I think a Canon 5D is becoming a much more interesting option for me. I have already seen prices go to 800 Euro.
I agree, the 5D is in my opinion a fantastic bargain at current prices. I've seen them go for around US$1000-1200 and I managed to get one without a charger or accessories for under $900. It is still an excellent picture maker and I don't really miss any of the latest features like video or live view.

Going from the smaller crop-size finder to the 5D full-frame sized finder is a great advantage. I can finally see the way I was used to with film cameras.

I'm also pleased with the image quality compared to a 450D/Rebel XSi. They have about the same file size but the 5D looks over all better. Less sharpening required (if any) and high ISO noise also seems to be less with the 5D.

-Thomas

helenhill

KEVIN:
IMPRESSIVE Indeed @6400 ....Your Portrait
the M8 couldn't possibly have accomplished that without MAJOR Noise
Charming One of Eric....must show it to Him
Cheers!

helenhill

MY Kevinparis:
Beautiful & Soft ...THANK YOU for making me LOOK so Angelic
You certainly have aroused my INTEREST in a Full Frame
xoxo