The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

sinwen

From New Zealand [KiwiLand]

Hi,

Looking at your picture, a story come back to my mind :

When I was in New Zeland in 1977, I saw on the TV news a guy who loaded on his truck a rock about three time bigger than this one from the sea side.
Nobody cared until it was found it was a block of opale.... you should go back to the place may be ....:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Michel

Scott G

Thanks Jorgen!

So, on a completely unrelated topic, I have been thinking about life, and the possibility of inhabiting other bodies. Given a choice, I am leaning towards being a horse, and not this kind :deadhorse: ....for the following reasons :eek:

What's not to smile about??:D

Last edited:

DHart

Worse lives could be lived than to be a horse well-loved and tended to by a beautiful human woman! ;)

Helena

What a great thread with inspirational photos!

Here are some of mine, taken with 5D. All are from around Trondheim, Norway, except #1 (Stockholm, Sweden) and #6 (Leksand, Sweden):

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What a great thread with inspirational photos!

Here are some of mine, taken with 5D. All are from around Trondheim, Norway, except #1 (Stockholm, Sweden) and #6 (Leksand, Sweden):
These are great, all of them. I never thought Trondheim could look that beautiful :)

Helena

Thank you Scott! Really like your series too, especially #3 (not sure why, but it's my favorite).

These are great, all of them. I never thought Trondheim could look that beautiful :)
Thanks! :) We moved here from Sweden in 2004 and love it. I think it's a paradise for photography, well all of Norway really. Are you from Trondheim (I see you don't live here now)?

Arne Hvaring

Helena, wonderful shots, please keep them coming! And I agree with you, Trondheim is a very photogenic city, I always return with (I believe) interesting images.

Scott, nice series! I particularly like the last two.

Here's a recent shot taken while evaluating the new 100mm macro L lens. It is phenomenally sharp in the center, even outresolving my reference 100mm Apo-Macro-Elmarit R, but with a somewhat uneven falloff near the edges. Great colour and flare resistance and useful (sometimes) IS.

Scott G

Arne, that photo (and lens) is amazing.

Nothing quite that scenic around me, but here goes..

So, I was loitering in front of this store, when all of the sudden, for no apparent reason...:eek:

A few from St Patricks Day

bensonga

Some great images here! Inspired me to pull out the Canon 5D this weekend....it's been neglected recently while I played with some newly acquired film cameras. Here are a couple of shots from yesterday.....images themselves are nothing special I'm afraid....certainly not compared with those posted above. We are in that ugly season between winter and spring here. Everything is just gray and dirty....until all the old snow melts away and the green of spring finally arrives (late May).

The first image was taken with the 24-105L...the Alaska Railroad freight yards and one of my favorite subjects. The second was taken with the 300mm f4 L (including a 100% crop section) from quite a distance across from the Port of Anchorage. Both were shots were hand held at between 1/250th and 1/400th. I really like the 24-105L lens....more so than the 24-70L. I had forgotten how good the 300mm f4 L IS is as well.

I've got to get out and use this camera more often.

Gary

Last edited:

bensonga

Another from the same day, this one with the 70-200 f4 L (non-IS version) lens at 200mm. Also hand held. Another nice lens from Canon!

Gary

100% crop section

ReeRay

Shooting a fashion show on the local beach when suddenly this snorkeler appeared from nowhere!

Reminded me of "Spike" from the film "Notting Hill" :LOL:

5D and 70-200L