The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Helena

Great shots Devon! Really like the first one.

Some photos - sorry mostly snapshots - from our recent trip to Sweden (went there to visit my parents):

Old traditional Sami "hut" (you can read more about the Sami people here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people ):

Hällingsåfallet:

Bonnstan, old church town where the farmers stayed when they visited church in the town Skellefteå:

Lake Stora Blåsjön:

Riley

5D and the Tamron 28-75/2.8 : 1/200th at F2.8

notice the falling hair to the left of the grey mares head

Scott G

Helena, those are way more than snapshots:thumbs:

Riley, nice catch on the falling hair, I think that lens would qualify as sharp!

D

Devon Shaw

Thanks Scott and Helena.
I really am. I went nearly a year using the the E-P1 with mostly just legacy lenses and having autofocus on the 7D now feels like magic.

Scott,
That silhouette shot is nice. Very cinematic.

Helena

Scott, great photos again. I really like #2 from your previous post (the bluish one with the large window and silhouette).

We'll be off to Scotland on Saturday (and be away for three weeks). I expect lots of photo opportunities. :)

A couple from this weekend with Canon 200/2.8LII:

Riley

we're an item
5D 70-200/4 at 1/400th F5 94mm ISO 125

fellow photographer working the other end of the pageant
5D 70-200/4 at 1/160th F4 200mm ISO320

Last edited:

Scott G

Riley,

Love the expression of the kid in the hat in the second photo!

Helena,

I have a phobia about squirrels, and razor sharp pictures of them are not helping! :eek::eek: Have fun in Scotland and post lots of photos!

Helena

Really like that horse photo Riley!

Riley,

Love the expression of the kid in the hat in the second photo!

Helena,

I have a phobia about squirrels, and razor sharp pictures of them are not helping! :eek::eek: Have fun in Scotland and post lots of photos!
Oops, sorry about that! :D

Thanks! We visited in year 2000(?) and really enjoyed it. It was way before I got into photography though (I got my first DSLR in summer 2008), so I'll "see it with new eyes" now. Also, we'll concentrate on the islands this time.

Helena

A quick outing with 35L.

Since I only had 35mm with me, when I saw this cute little fellow I had to try and fill the frame with something else. Fortunately it posed in front of this yellow square. :)

I should have focused on the tip of the red leaves instead of inside the flower. Still like it though, because of the light.

pfigen

I spent the last three days in Las Vegas shooting stills and being in a music video (being the bass player) for Las Vegas singer and voiceover artist Von Fox. I shot his CD cover a couple of months ago and volunteered to go out and help with the video shoot. These were shot Sunday at dusk in the giant dirt lot between Mandalay Bay and the airport. It was 112 degrees out and both are completely natural light and shot with a 1DsMKIII and and 35L @f/2. The song is a lounge/jazz cover of Roy Orbison's Crying. The rented '69 Cad overheated after 30 minutes, needed to have the brakes pumped to stop and had expired tags - just to keep it interesting.