The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Francois_A

Thanks Jack!
I've just taken a look at PTLens on their web site. It seems quite powerful for the price; I would need to upgrade to OS X 10.5 first since I am still on 10.4.
I am curious about what you achieved in terms of corrections. Do you mind posting the modified image?

Regards,
François

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jack!
I've just taken a look at PTLens on their web site. It seems quite powerful for the price; I would need to upgrade to OS X 10.5 first since I am still on 10.4.
I am curious about what you achieved in terms of corrections. Do you mind posting the modified image?

Regards,
François
zHi Francois,

Here is a Q&D rework. I only spent a few minutes, but ran PTLens, then corrected a few geometric anomalies using the transform>skew tool in CS, then re-cropped. Here is the result:

Francois_A

Thanks Jack.

The differences seemed subtle at first glance, and became obvious when I superimposed both images (the original and your modifications) in Photoshop.

Ideally I should have used a 24 TS-E with the camera perfectly levelled. I am just waiting for some intrepid souls on this forum to test the new Canon 17 and 24 tilt-shift lenses coming up! :grin:

Robert Campbell

As usual a mix of recent images, the only common denominator; they are all taken with the Zeiss ZF 2/35mm and 5DII.

These are very common in Ireland; they were called cromlechs, then they were called dolmens, but we must call them portal tombs now. They usually have only three supports.

Where is this one?

Arne Hvaring

Robert, this one is situated on an island about 25 km north of Gothenburg on the Swedish southwest coast.
Here it is as seen from the north-east.

Last edited:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I had nearly stopped using my Canon for a few months, and was shooting almost exclusively with the M8. Now that I'm using the Canon more, I love the versatility of my 5D Mark II. With this one body, I can shoot portraits, sports, landscapes, low-light, etc.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
GREAT shots Mike! :thumbs:

Also, excellent point as regards the versatility of a DSLR. I agree that any of the current crop of high-megapixel DSLR's are going to be the most versatile camera system one can use. While other choices might do a specific job better, the DSLR is the only choice that can "do everything" and do most of it pretty darn well.

Arne Hvaring

Excellent images Mike, I particularly like the B&W shot. I enjoy using the M8 too and image quality is of course outstanding if the full frame can be utilized, but the moment I start cropping, the advantage of the 20+ Mpx cameras soon becomes clear.

Some recent 5D2 shots.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John,

Yes indeed. I meant to comment on how that shot reminded me of Eggleston :thumbs:

(Eggleston is relatively tall and made almost every image with his camera level, which added a distinctive perspective style to his images. He also shot a lot of classic iconography of the rural US...)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob, how did they get up there? (And isn't that where Brezhnev and Gorbachev stood during all the big Russian parades?)

:)D)