The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Don
Jack,
Yes, as a child of the cold war, I have memories of the May Day parades with the leaders of the Soviet Union standing up there reviewing the troops.
Sadly, the gate was locked and a guard was posted, so three images and a little PS did the trick.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Don
Jack,
Yes, as a child of the cold war, I have memories of the May Day parades with the leaders of the Soviet Union standing up there reviewing the troops.
Sadly, the gate was locked and a guard was posted, so three images and a little PS did the trick.
-bob
Yes, I have those same memories... And your Photoshopping skills fooled me too :thumbs:

(Or - you've been paying atention in class!!! :ROTFL:)

Arne Hvaring

Went out in the drizzle yesterday to see how the FL 1,2/58mm performed on the 5D2. This combo can not reach infinity focus (by a large margin) so here are some close up samples, some also with the EF25II extension tube. All at f 1,2.

Last edited:

Arne Hvaring

ARNE.....
OUTSTANDING & AMAZING
the subtlety of Colour & Falloff makes for PURE ART

Any PP ?

Best.... helen
Thank you, helen! Really surprising what this old glass can do, isn't it. As for PP, not much, a little cropping on a few images, but basically what you see is how they look straight out of DPP.

bensonga

Six image pano taken with the 5D and 24-105L lens today. On the way back from Dawson City, finally got a break in the weather. Stopped at a viewpoint overlooking the Matanuska River and the Chugatch Mountains. Image could use some more work on the sky etc, but this is the quick and dirty stitch done with CS3 Photomerge.

King Mountain on the far right. Headwaters of the Matanuska River at the Matanuska Glacier, about 30 miles to the left (east). This drive along the Glenn Highway from Palmer to Glennallen is one of my favorites. Two lane winding mountain road with great scenery for mile after mile.

Gary
Alaska

bensonga

Here is Dredge No. 4 in the Yukon Klondike gold fields (outside of Dawson). Very impressive bit of history....well worth a visit and tour (Canadian park service) if you are ever in that part of the country. Hard to see from this photo, but it is huge.

Gary
Alaska

Don Libby

Six image pano taken with the 5D and 24-105L lens today. On the way back from Dawson City, finally got a break in the weather. Stopped at a viewpoint overlooking the Matanuska River and the Chugatch Mountains. Image could use some more work on the sky etc, but this is the quick and dirty stitch done with CS3 Photomerge.

King Mountain on the far right. Headwaters of the Matanuska River at the Matanuska Glacier, about 30 miles to the left (east). This drive along the Glenn Highway from Palmer to Glennallen is one of my favorites. Two lane winding mountain road with great scenery for mile after mile.

Gary
Alaska

Gary - Is this the dirt/gravel road by Chicken?