The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Don Libby

Don - I like the barn image more than the other two however it makes me wonder how it would have looked dual toned.

Jack - Agree about HDR however the image bothers me a little and I think it's the tilting of the statute and steeple. Other than that it's a lovely night shoot.

Viablex - Great image! Every time I see this it just makes me laugh and feel better about my own office!:D

Don

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Don - will have to try a duo tone version, nice idea. Here is another mono image I like and made the other morning. 5D2, 24-105L, CS4 conversion.

bensonga

Another shot with the 40D and 50mm macro (hand held). Unexpectedly nice day here so I took a walk around the local rose garden during the lunch hour.

Gary

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday's Shoot, Ashley.

Had to keep adding Balloons until she became airborne

-bob

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I did a family shoot for a good friend a couple of weeks ago. I showed the "girl with flowers" shot here a while back, but thought I'd share a few more from this shoot...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Mike,
I love that tractor shot, also, Shasta, man THAT is a great way to see Shasta, much better than the last time I did NOT see Rainier.
-bob

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Bob. The Shasta weekend was fun.

Of your last two shots, I like the first one best. Very natural. The 2nd shot - her expression seems forced/clenched. I guess it's hard to leap in the air on command and have a natural expression :)

RonSmith

My son Harry hitting a double. 40D & 70-200/2.8L

Lake Michigan Beach, Charlevoix, MI 20D & 17-55/2.8

From the Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C. 40D & 17-55/2.8

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bob. The Shasta weekend was fun.

Of your last two shots, I like the first one best. Very natural. The 2nd shot - her expression seems forced/clenched. I guess it's hard to leap in the air on command and have a natural expression :)
In High heels no less, and without spraining an ankle or even breaking a sweat.
I would be in the ER if I were to try that.
She is very sweet and smart and determined, I think she will do well.
I guess she is happy with my work since she wants to come back next month for another shoot.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ron,
Love that beech shot.
And the timing on that hit, man was that luck or secret sauce?
-bob

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Jack - it's from a small resevoir (~8 acre pond) in the town of Weed, about 10 miles to the west of the base of the mountain.

This was actually a difficult shot to take, as I had to row my gear out into the lake (with the kids in the canoe), and then climb out, without tipping over.

I'm standing belly-button deep in the lake to take that shot :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack - it's from a small resevoir (~8 acre pond) in the town of Weed, about 10 miles to the west of the base of the mountain.

This was actually a difficult shot to take, as I had to row my gear out into the lake (with the kids in the canoe), and then climb out, without tipping over.

I'm standing belly-button deep in the lake to take that shot :)
Well, it's a great shot. :thumbs:

As for being stuck in Weed, I'm sorry. But at least it has a great old style diner :D